Thread: Sabres getting pushed around

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Sabres getting pushed around

Playoffs are doubtful at this point however after watching the Dallas game its pretty clear a tactic of a physical game against our top line is very effective and it appears nobody on our roster with the exception of Risto is willing to respond.The Sabres better think about adding toughness to this roster if they ever think about being successful in a playoff series because right now teams will be checking Eichel and Skinner into submission.

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Maybe itís time to split up the top line? Drop Reinhart down and bring up Pominville or Sheary?

Then run a 2nd with Casey, Thompson,Reinhart?

Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Wide Right View Post
    Playoffs are doubtful at this point however after watching the Dallas game its pretty clear a tactic of a physical game against our top line is very effective and it appears nobody on our roster with the exception of Risto is willing to respond.The Sabres better think about adding toughness to this roster if they ever think about being successful in a playoff series because right now teams will be checking Eichel and Skinner into submission.
    Nail on the head. We've said here for a while now that all of our offense is limited to the first line, and if teams figure out a way to shut them down we're fucked.

Well, guess what happened....

They can shut down our first line, and we're fucked.

I don't think there is any trade scenario out there that will magically pull our 2nd and 3rd lines out of the gutter to make this a playoff team. We've really been tanking after the first 25ish games of this season.

Its pretty sad, especially with all of the optimism I had after that huge winning streak we had.

Nope.. Season is a wash... Let's hope we can make a few moves in the offseason so we might be a playoff team come 2019/2020.

If they are able to pull off a trade that makes sense for the years to come, great, but if we overpay for a player in order to try and win this season, it will be a HUGE mistake.
    twitter : @nat0rade

My AAB is #57 Lorenzo Alexander

The Wise Men's Club of the Buffalo Range

BillsFan51 | Founder & CEO
    thebowmanbody | President of Wise Men Operations
    Meathead | Official Morale & Hope Executive
    Hayward89 | Grand Minister of Wisecrackery
    jc856 | Gatekeeper of Logic & Reason
    HipKat | Campaign Manager
    seandelevan | Official Realist

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by billsfan51 View Post
    Nail on the head. We've said here for a while now that all of our offense is limited to the first line, and if teams figure out a way to shut them down we're fucked.

I don't think there is any trade scenario out there that will magically pull our 2nd and 3rd lines out of the gutter to make this a playoff team. We've really been tanking after the first 25ish games of this season.

Its pretty sad, especially with all of the optimism I had after that huge winning streak we had.

Nope.. Season is a wash... Let's hope we can make a few moves in the offseason so we might be a playoff team come 2019/2020.

If they are able to pull off a trade that makes sense for the years to come, great, but if we overpay for a player in order to try and win this season, it will be a HUGE mistake.
    I agree that trades wont totally fix this however they had better start putting a value on toughness when drafting or acquiring players going forward.

5. Rock on:

LVBillsfan (02-02-19)

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by billsfan51 View Post

I"m thinking now is the time for some addition by subtraction.

On D, Go Bogo/Dahlin, Risto/McCabe, Hunwick/Pilut and let them sink or swim. Enough of Scandella/Bealeau - Move them, waive them, whatever. Roll Nelson in and out when healthy or maybe get Zach Redmond up to add some veteran depth.

Up front, it's desperation time to get scoring down the roster. Split up the Eichel line. Test it out. What do you have to lose? Maybe a Nylander callup to give him his one last chance to prove himself? Otherwise Olofsson? CJ? Anybody that can finish. They are getting the looks, just not putting it in.

If they wait until the trade deadline then it's most likely going to be too late.