Thread: Why Wasn’t Fence Stipulated In "Secure Fence Act Of 2006" Built?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Why Wasn’t Fence Stipulated In "Secure Fence Act Of 2006" Built?

My question is - Where did the rest of that money go that was supposed to properly build this barrier?

Why Wasn’t Fence Stipulated In "Secure Fence Act Of 2006" Built?

The Secure Fence Act was introduced on Sept. 13, 2006, by Rep Peter King (R-NY) and passed Congress on a bi-partisan basis. In the House of Representatives, the Fence Act passed 283 -138 on September 14, 2006. On September 29, 2006, the Fence Act passed in the Senate 80 -19.

Out of the eighty senators in total who voted in favor of the secure fence act, twenty-six (out of the forty-four) Democrats voted in favor of the bill (one, Ted Kennedy did not vote). A dozen years later some of those Democratic Senators are still serving in the upper body (Sherrod Brown was in the house, but is now in the Senate) they include;

Sherrod Brown (OH)
    Thomas Carper (DE)
    Diane Feinstein (CA)
    Bill Nelson (FL)
    Chuck Schumer (NY)
    Debbie Stabenow (MI)
    Ron Wyden (OR)

Other notable Democrats who supported the bill in the Senate were Senator Joe Biden, Senator Hillary Clinton, Senator Harry Reid, and Senator Barack Obama.

The primary goal of the Secure Fence Act of 2006 was to help secure America’s borders to decrease illegal entry, drug trafficking, and security threats by building 700 miles (1,100 km) of physical barriers along the Mexico-United States border. Later in the text of the bill, it specifies what was supposed to be built: a double-layered fence with barbed wire on top and room for a security vehicle to patrol between the layers. Not bad right?

Of the almost 700 miles of fencing specified in the bill only 36.3 miles of double-layered fencing, as the law required has been built. Most of the 36+ miles of fencing were created during the Bush Administration.

The first blow against the promised fence was made by former Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX). In 2007 at the urging of the DHS, she proposed an amendment to give Homeland Security discretion to decide what type of fence was appropriate in different areas.

When people talk about 700 miles of fence already on the border, it’s not what you think. According to the DHS along with the 36.3 miles of double-fencing they’ve built 300 miles of Vehicle Fence and 353 miles of primary Pedestrian Fence.

Here’s the bottom line. Back in 2006, the people of the U.S. were promised a two-layered high-tech Mexican border fence, Thanks to Kay Bailey Hutchison and Barack Obama 95% of the barrier wasn’t built. The arguments against the Trump wall are totally bogus especially if you look at Israel’s history.

Now Donald Trump has promised America a border wall, and that same amendment that allowed the Obama administration to downgrade the required double-layered fencing enables the Trump Administration to upgrade from a fence to a 30-foot-tall wall. All he needs is funding.

It’s time for America to get the border barrier we were promised. No one can honestly say it won’t work. It worked in Israel, and it’s never been tried here. The Democrats must stop obstructing, our future depends on it.
    Sack

2. Rock on:

Bosco (01-12-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by SackMan518 View Post
    My question is - Where did the rest of that money go that was supposed to properly build this barrier?

blah blah blah stupid shit talking points lies lies lies.....
    Here’s the bottom line. Back in 2006, the people of the U.S. were promised a two-layered high-tech Mexican border fence, Thanks to Kay Bailey Hutchison and Barack Obama 95% of the barrier wasn’t built. The arguments against the Trump wall are totally bogus especially if you look at Israel’s history.
    Do you ever deal in the truth in any other aspect of your life? because your ability to lie and propagate the lies of others when it comes to the fatass traitor in chief is staggering and makes me wonder if you even know what the truth is.

Here is a GAO report on Border Security, including barrier construction activity, since the Fence Act was passed:

BORDER SECURITY
    Progress and Challenges with the Use of Technology, Tactical Infrastructure, and Personnel to Secure the Southwest Border

Statement of Rebecca Gambler, Director, Homeland Security & Justice

Let's just cut to the punch line, shall we:

CBP spent about $2.3 billion to deploy fencing from fiscal years 2007 through 2015 and constructed 654 miles of fencing by 2015.

hmmm. lets see, 700 miles of fencing were authorized and 654 built by 2015. i'd say they did a pretty good job of it since 93% of it has been built.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

your lies are so easily proved wrong. what a fucking dolt.

4. Rock on:

HipKat (01-12-19),Professor Pigworth (01-13-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    hmmm. lets see, 700 miles of fencing were authorized and 654 built by 2015. i'd say they did a pretty good job of it since 93% of it has been built.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

your lies are so easily proved wrong. what a fucking dolt.
    And again I can see that you didn't even read the article and instead looked at the Wikipedia entry. What they're calling 654 miles of fence really isn't because it didn't meet the original specs and was instead largely pedestrian or vehicle barriers. Dude, I even attached a picture for you! And you're calling me the dolt? Unbelievable, hey don't ever go to college because clearly you'd fail reading comprehension.
    Sack

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    And again I can see that you didn't even read the article and instead looked at the Wikipedia entry. What they're calling 654 miles of fence really isn't because it didn't meet the original specs and was instead largely pedestrian or vehicle barriers. Dude, I even attached a picture for you! And you're calling me the dolt? Unbelievable, hey don't ever go to college because clearly you'd fail reading comprehension.
    wut the fuck are you talking about? Wikipedia? I quoted the goddamn US General Accounting Office report on Border Security. here see if this is any easier for you to understand:

https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/690679.pdf

Learn how to click a link ya dumb fuck. your lies have no traction here.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    wut the fuck are you talking about? Wikipedia? I quoted the goddamn US General Accounting Office report on Border Security. here see if this is any easier for you to understand:

https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/690679.pdf

Learn how to click a link ya dumb fuck. your lies have no traction here.
    Read this article then get back to me. If you don't well you can just fuck off.

As the government shutdown over Trump's border wall rages, a journey along the entire 1,933-mile US-Mexico border shows the monumental task of securing it
    Sack

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    in other words, you think the "article" is more accurate that the GAO. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

weak as fuck. lies are lies and that's all you spew.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Lol

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    in other words, you think the "article" is more accurate that the GAO. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

weak as fuck. lies are lies and that's all you spew.
    So you're saying the article isn't factual? They went there and reviewed everything and even had pictures of the previous "wall" that was like Normandy style barriers.
    Sack

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    This is a really good video, filmed in AZ on a ranch that's on the border. 2 things to note. 1, where the older guy says that the barrier that was built didn't work out and 2, this line at the end; "In 2000, the Border Patrol had apprehended more than 600,000 people crossing the border at the Tucson sector. By 2016, the number had dropped by 90%"

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11