Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My thoughts on what type of WR the Bills should target in the draft. Agree?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    I remember drafting James Hardy. Going into the draft, Beavis and Butthead HAD to have a guy that was Tall.

Talk about drafting based on need vs BPA.

I would call James Hardy a definite bust.
    Yes. Need to get the best WR available, as they will be part of the Core. Specialty players can be had in FA.

Speed? John Brown
    Height? Funchess or Tyrrell Williams
    Little slot guy? Cobb or Beasley

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    I remember drafting James Hardy. Going into the draft, Beavis and Butthead HAD to have a guy that was Tall.

Talk about drafting based on need vs BPA.

I would call James Hardy a definite bust.
    Hardy was a highlight machine at Indiana. I loved him and Stevie going into that that draft.

Hardy had a lot of red flags. Ine of the biggest was that he just ran go routes and clobbered Big Ten DB's over the head with his size. Once he had to learn a real playbook, run real routes, and Then had thr ACL his 2nd year it was all over.

3. Rock on:

Crazy Legs (01-12-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Simply put if you see a Wide Receiver who is Calvin Johnson (Megatron), Randy Moss or Jerry Rice...that is what you are looking for. I prefer tall fast WR's because if your QB has accuracy issue's the large wing span will help in catch radius. However the most important thing for a WR is having good hands. Ball has to stick to there hands. Sammy Watkins had great hands but was glass. If he was available on the cheap I would sign him back.
    As for guys getting separation Evans from Tampa was identified as being slow and unable to get separation in that draft class as well. He seems to be doing just fine now!

5. Rock on:

Crazy Legs (01-12-19)

Build the OLINE

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan186 View Post
    Simply put if you see a Wide Receiver who is Calvin Johnson (Megatron), Randy Moss or Jerry Rice...that is what you are looking for. I prefer tall fast WR's because if your QB has accuracy issue's the large wing span will help in catch radius. However the most important thing for a WR is having good hands. Ball has to stick to there hands. Sammy Watkins had great hands but was glass. If he was available on the cheap I would sign him back.
    As for guys getting separation Evans from Tampa was identified as being slow and unable to get separation in that draft class as well. He seems to be doing just fine now!
    And thus the challenge - - Drafting the RIGHT WR.
    It isn't always easy to project their college production into the NFL.

If there was a Calvin Johnson in this draft, yeah draft him. But there isn't. Each potential 1st round WR in this year's draft has question marks.

So who do we draft? And do you do it at 9? Or, wait until the 2nd round? Or, trade down from 9 and draft a WR around 15-19?

Who?