Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Wall

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    I'm already getting a monthly deduction on my paycheck to pay for it.

Sarcasm off

Fuck Trump
    Glad to see he finally got you pay for it. Now if he could figure out a way to get a bottle of Clase Azul anejo out of you. lol

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    The best part is this. 1, MOST illegals do not cross illegally. They cross inn legally with Visas and never leave. Wall ain't stopping that.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/il...UvydgqVoZWwvHw

2, a large amount of illegal drugs cross in through Canada and a southern wall will inflate northern border crossings

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/illegal...s-on-the-rise/

But these are facts. Trumps stupid supporters don't care about facts
    They are cracking down on your 1st point, big time. I have had a couple Turkish friends who have been tracked down and sent back. They were trying to avoid Having to join the Turkish military. One the caught while he was in the ER in New Orleans. It popped up in the hospital computer that he was illegal.

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    It’s a meme dude. Relax
    That's not a real sign that someone is holding?

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Pigworth View Post
    And maybe it's just one solitary person's opinion; i.e., this girl holding the sign, which looks home-made to me. I don't think that a sweeping generalization about millions of people should be made based on one person's home-made sign.
    You don't feel that this is the general opinion of many dems?

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    Never used a prop In a picture before?
    “There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
    A high-powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production.
    Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856
    I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    It’s a dumbass sign anyway

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Never used a prop In a picture before?
    I'm not sure what you're saying.

Whoever created that sign didn't mean what they wrote?

Range Member

Status
    Groan

So, the figures come out to 25 Billion to build the wall. 2 Billion to build roads and infrastructure to transport the materials to the sites.
    30% for design and management and in 7 years, the cost of maintaining it exceeds the cost of building it.

Then there's all that private property that has to be bought out from property owners whose land runs up to the border area.

I'm thinking, no thanks.
    Don Blankenship claims illegal immigration costs $130 billion a year. Is that true?

Politifact puts Illegal Immigration at $8.7B a year. At that rate the wall will be paid off in 3 years. Sign me up for that wall!

Blankenship said, "We have to stop illegal immigration, costing us $130 billion a year to house and feed and give benefits to people that shouldn’t be even in the country."

Immigrants in the country illegally generate costs for taxpayers, but it’s difficult to determine a precise figure largely because there isn’t reliable data. Blankenship’s claim is based on a 2017 FAIR report estimating illegal immigration cost about $135 billion a year.

Experts picked apart many aspects of the report’s methodology. But relevant to Blankenship’s statement, the group’s estimate did not factor in housing costs.

For all welfare costs brought on by illegal immigration, FAIR calculated about $5.8 billion a year at the federal level and $2.9 billion a year at the state level (including school meals and child care programs).

Blankenship’s statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. We rate it Mostly False.
    Sack

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    I'm not sure what you're saying.

Whoever created that sign didn't mean what they wrote?
    You can’t possibly be that naïve. Obviously somebody was trying to make a point so they handled the little girl that signed, took a picture and put it all over the Internet. Although I think it would be really funny if Trump builds the wall and the next generation tore the fucking thing down

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Fah Q

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by SackMan518 View Post
    Don Blankenship claims illegal immigration costs $130 billion a year. Is that true?

Politifact puts Illegal Immigration at $8.7B a year. At that rate the wall will be paid off in 3 years. Sign me up for that wall!

Blankenship said, "We have to stop illegal immigration, costing us $130 billion a year to house and feed and give benefits to people that shouldn’t be even in the country."

Immigrants in the country illegally generate costs for taxpayers, but it’s difficult to determine a precise figure largely because there isn’t reliable data. Blankenship’s claim is based on a 2017 FAIR report estimating illegal immigration cost about $135 billion a year.

Experts picked apart many aspects of the report’s methodology. But relevant to Blankenship’s statement, the group’s estimate did not factor in housing costs.

For all welfare costs brought on by illegal immigration, FAIR calculated about $5.8 billion a year at the federal level and $2.9 billion a year at the state level (including school meals and child care programs).

Blankenship’s statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. We rate it Mostly False.
    You really are just stupid. So your numbers aren’t correct. The idiot that says 130 billion is only off by 122 billion per year. And as usual, you forget to tell the whole story. Like the money that they put back into the economy. You do know that they spend the money, right? You also forgot about the ones who work but don’t file for tax returns. That shit adds up. Either way, the whole thing is stupid. The math doesn’t add up. If it got filled, it does not stop the largest Group of illegal immigrants coming into the country, because they actually come in legally. It doesn’t stop the flow of trucks into this country at all. There’s never been any terrorists that came across southern border, so that’s a bullshit issue. . You guys conveniently forgot about the parts of the border where you can put a wall because of the river band would end up cutting off American land and basically donating it to Mexico. And then there is that one pesky little detail, you know the one that you stupid fucking Trump supporters keep conveniently forgetting about. The one where Mexico is supposed to pay for the wall. Oh wait, you did forget about that, you guys just made up some other bullshit about Mexico reimbursing us for the wall after the Americans pay for it. Ain’t no wall. Ain’t gonna be no wall.

11. Rock on:

Professor Pigworth (01-04-19)