The Buffalo Range, where the Buffalo fans roam! - Powered by vBulletin
Return to Hardcore Bills Talk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

Sports Media Outraged As Nearly All of NFL’s Black Head Coaches Fired

Sports Media Outraged As Nearly All of NFL’s Black Head Coaches Fired

Does the color of the coach really matter?

The NFL began the regular season with seven black head coaches. However, as of Monday, that number is now down to two.
    Now out of work are Tampa Bay’s Dirk Koetter, the New York Jets Todd Bowles, Miami’s Adam Gase, Cincinnati’s Marvin Lewis, Arizona’s Steve Wilks and Denver’s Vance Joseph.

Bowles, Lewis, Wilks and Joseph are black, as is former Cleveland coach Hue Jackson, who was fired during the season. So the minority NFL head coaching number took a major hit, and this caused dismay from some reporters on social media.

The NFL is down to two black head coaches, because one of the three minority coaches is Carolina’s Ron Rivera, who is Puerto Rican.

Trotter isn’t blaming NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and the league office for the current low number of minority coaches.

“The league has taken multiple steps over the years to increase opportunities for qualified minority candidates, but the league does not make these hires, owners do,” Trotter tweeted.

The NFL instituted “The Rooney Rule” in 2003 which requires teams to interview minority candidates for heading coaching and GM jobs.

But as Trotter pointed out, the NFL can mandate minority interviews. They can’t force teams to hire somebody, or the keep them, based on their ethnic background.

Fox Sports Radio host Clay Travis doesn’t get why some are complaining about five minority coaches getting fired.

Travis tweeted: “Why should diversity be an NFL goal? Black head coaches didn’t win and were fired. Just like white head coaches were. NFL’s a meritocracy & coaching talent is rare. White and black coaches are being treated the exact same. As they should be.”

As Travis pointed out, the NFL is a “meritocracy” and Bowles was asked (a couple of days before he was fired) about the job he did this year coaching the Jets and bluntly responded, “The record says it all.”

Bowles’ Jets finished the 2018 season with a 4-12 record after compiling 5-11 records each of previous two seasons.

It would’ve been hard for the Jets to justify bringing back a coach with a three-year run like that.

The Buccaneers fired Koetter, who is white, after back-to-back 5-11 seasons.

As legendary NFL head coach Bill Parcells often said, “You are what your record says you are.”

And most of these coaches were fired because their records weren’t very good.
    Sack

Array
    Jim Trotter should be fired too. He sucks!

Array
    Sorry, but isn’t Adam Gase white? Lol

NM didn’t read the whole article

4. Rock on:

HipKat (12-31-18)

Array
    All you need to do is listen to how the media talks about Lamar Jackson compared to Josh Allen and you will clearly see their agenda. Or...if you dare...stand up in public and say "White lives matter."...See you in hell my friend...see you in hell.

6. Rock on:

DannyBoy (01-04-19),SackMan518 (01-01-19)

Array
    Why did this get moved to Politics?
    The Wise Men's Club of the Buffalo Range

BillsFan51 | Founder & CEO
    thebowmanbody | President of Wise Men Operations
    Meathead | Official Morale & Hope Executive
    Hayward89 | Grand Minister of Wisecrackery
    jc856 | Gatekeeper of Logic & Reason
    HipKat | Campaign Manager

#theresistance | #nevertrump | #notmypresident

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Why did this get moved to Politics?
    I put it here because it cites a Breitbart article.
    Sack

Array
    If you have to hire then you sure as hell can fire them.

Array
    did you see that they actually cancelled a womans march bc it was going to be "overwhelmingly white"?

how super mega double secret probation fucked up do we have to be to NOT see this is a BIG MOTHERFUCKING PROBLEM

if the march was going to be "overwhelmingly black" people would riot in the streets if it was cancelled

but bc its white its "I see no problem with cancelling this"

even though i lived through and fought against the brutal white oppression of minorities in the past, this era has got to take the cake on being super fucked up on race issues

granted, whitey was enslaving and oppressing and hanging and torturing and raping blacks when it was their turn, but our culture has evolved to the point that nobody could do that anymore. now that non-whites have the microphone they are using it to do EXACTLY THE SAME THING - broadbrush and oppress whites by creating these types of weapons that can ONLY be used in one direction

and we act like theres nothing wrong with what we are doing. there certainly IS something very very wrong and dangerous and dysfunctional and destructive with two completely different sets of rules based on the color of your skin

we used to call that racism when whitey did it, now in the most ridiculous way possible we call it "empowering" and being "woke". yeah, empowering blacks and other minorities to be as super racist as they want to be and being woke that we can have a set of tools/weapons that we can only use against whites but are immune to the exact same basis for those tools ourselves

super duper fucked up time we live in when it comes to race. in some ways worse than what mistakes whitey made. and we as blacks sure as fuck should know better - we lived through it

so brutally disappointing what weve turned into
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

11. Rock on:

f8ta1ity54 (01-03-19)

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by SackMan518 View Post
    I put it here because it cites a Breitbart article.
    you can put it where you want but you can put it in the main forum if you think its a good/important topic and would generate activity

thats where i woulda put it
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

13. Rock on:

HipKat (01-03-19)

Array
    Or, they got fired because they all have shitty records
    The Wise Men's Club of the Buffalo Range

BillsFan51 | Founder & CEO
    thebowmanbody | President of Wise Men Operations
    Meathead | Official Morale & Hope Executive