Thread: Deeper scoring - Time for a trade?

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Deeper scoring - Time for a trade?

Thinking about the scoring depth issue. I'm OK continuing to let Mittlestadt to learn and grow in his position. I truly feel he'll get there. That said, is it time to consider adding some talent to the middle 6 Forwards?

Word on the street is that everyone in St. Louis is available. Is it time to use some of the draft and player capital on someone like Tarasenko or Schenn? Tarasenko is wrapped up for another 4 years. Schenn would be most likely a rental as he's a UFA next year.

Is Tarasenko > Reinhart?

Would you move Guhle? Reinhart? a couple of our extra firsts?

An incremental growth in secondary scoring could be worth an additional 10-12 points and make a huge difference this season.

2. Rock on:

HipKat (12-12-18),Meathead (12-31-18)

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    It wont be easy to make moves this year because they are right against the cap.

Also I think I give it another month before I would consider a large move like Tarasenko or even Patrick Kane.

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ddpderek View Post
    It wont be easy to make moves this year because they are right against the cap.

Also I think I give it another month before I would consider a large move like Tarasenko or even Patrick Kane.
    Itís time. D is solid. G is good enough. Consistent Scoring outside of the top 3 is a big problem. Casey will be good but is not there yet. He needs elite help to elevate his game.

5. Rock on:

Meathead (12-31-18)

welcome to pwngville
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    A Triad of Potential Sabres Trade Targets

With the trade deadline a few months away, the Sabres will likely be buyers this year

It is no secret the Buffalo Sabresí forward group needs a spark. The secondary scoring group of Casey Mittelstadt, Conor Sheary, Kyle Okposo, Tage Thompson and company are just not cutting it. And while the top line continues to make things irrationally top-heavy, moves will have to be made in the new year to balance out the seesaw.

While it is pretty apparent the Sabres will dip into the farm to see what C.J. Smith, Alex Nylander, and/or Victor Olofsson may provide, the reality is that some proven NHL scoring needs to be acquired to resolve the clubís secondary scoring woes.

Trades are tricky to predict. What we do know is GM Jason Botterill is not willing to sacrifice the future for immediate needs. This likely rules out high picks and prospects being shipped out for a rental player, and leans the Sabres in the direction of acquiring a younger player with some term left on the contract.

While it is easy to say the Sabres should target this or that guy, it takes two to tango, as they say. So who are some of Botterillís potential dance partners? Who are their best gems available? Letís take a peek:

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2018/1...jaden-schwartz
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sooner than later time...or start tolling some Amerks through until something sticks

Groan
    This is the year the sabres either squeak into the playoffs or just miss the playoffs. They are just not there yet. I think they already have the talent on the roster to be a great team for the next decade....but they are not developed yet. Mitts, Dahlin, Pilut and Thompson are going to be much better next year. Guhle should be brought up the the Sabres next year. I think Pilut just took his spot...but Guhle has looked good. Scandella needs to be trade for a sack of pucks. Nylander could replace Pominville next year if he continues to develop.

Sabres have 4 first round picks in the next two years. I would not be willing to mortgage any future players for rent a players just to make the playoffs and be a first round exit.

What we have learned is this team is good but not yet consistent. They had a good win game streak that gave everyone hope....but they are not there yet. I expect them to either make the playoffs in the last spot or just miss. However, I think they have majority of the pieces in place to become a dynasty. They have a very good top line with Eichel, Skinner and Rhineheart. Mitts and Thompson look to be something up and coming. They need to find a winger to add to that line. I don't think Sheary is it. We need a 3rd line as currently our 3rd line sucks. Svotdka sucks. Orkaposo for 6 mil a year is terrible. Our 4th line is decent with Larson, Girgenson and insert any winger here! Hopefully with 4 first round draft picks the sabres can put together a 3rd line that can contribute.

As for trading....Poms, Okaposo and Scandella all can be moved as they are not core players. Right now you build around Eichel/Skinner/Rhineheart.....and Risto, McCabe, Dahlin, Pilut and Bagosian. Mitts and Thompson. Ullmark....everyone else really doesn't matter.

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    A round in the playoffs would be a huge bump in the growth other this team. Itís time to do what it takes to get these kids a taste of the playoffs

Groan
    First off, I know Tarasenko is a good goal scorer, But again, I think Reinhart, Guhle and 2 first? massive overpay. If we were to trade for Tarasenko that makes it difficult to re-sign Skinner, as you pointed out he has 4 years left on his deal at 7.5 Mil. I don't feel this years team is good enough to make the playoffs, They are making strides ( I know it's not easy to see that after last nights game.) But they are better than last year and the hope is whatever plan GMJB has in his mind that it takes them to another level next year. There are plenty of flaws with this team that may take a bit of time to correct due to contract length. I feel this team is headed in the right direction and this not the year to make a big buy in the trade market.