Thread: Deeper scoring - Time for a trade?

Groan
    Groans: 0

Deeper scoring - Time for a trade?

Thinking about the scoring depth issue. I'm OK continuing to let Mittlestadt to learn and grow in his position. I truly feel he'll get there. That said, is it time to consider adding some talent to the middle 6 Forwards?

Word on the street is that everyone in St. Louis is available. Is it time to use some of the draft and player capital on someone like Tarasenko or Schenn? Tarasenko is wrapped up for another 4 years. Schenn would be most likely a rental as he's a UFA next year.

Is Tarasenko > Reinhart?

Would you move Guhle? Reinhart? a couple of our extra firsts?

An incremental growth in secondary scoring could be worth an additional 10-12 points and make a huge difference this season.

2. Rock on:

HipKat (12-12-18),Meathead (12-31-18)

Groan
    It wont be easy to make moves this year because they are right against the cap.

Also I think I give it another month before I would consider a large move like Tarasenko or even Patrick Kane.

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by ddpderek View Post
    It wont be easy to make moves this year because they are right against the cap.

Also I think I give it another month before I would consider a large move like Tarasenko or even Patrick Kane.
    It’s time. D is solid. G is good enough. Consistent Scoring outside of the top 3 is a big problem. Casey will be good but is not there yet. He needs elite help to elevate his game.

5. Rock on:

Meathead (12-31-18)

welcome to pwngville
    Groan
    A Triad of Potential Sabres Trade Targets

With the trade deadline a few months away, the Sabres will likely be buyers this year

It is no secret the Buffalo Sabres’ forward group needs a spark. The secondary scoring group of Casey Mittelstadt, Conor Sheary, Kyle Okposo, Tage Thompson and company are just not cutting it. And while the top line continues to make things irrationally top-heavy, moves will have to be made in the new year to balance out the seesaw.

While it is pretty apparent the Sabres will dip into the farm to see what C.J. Smith, Alex Nylander, and/or Victor Olofsson may provide, the reality is that some proven NHL scoring needs to be acquired to resolve the club’s secondary scoring woes.

Trades are tricky to predict. What we do know is GM Jason Botterill is not willing to sacrifice the future for immediate needs. This likely rules out high picks and prospects being shipped out for a rental player, and leans the Sabres in the direction of acquiring a younger player with some term left on the contract.

While it is easy to say the Sabres should target this or that guy, it takes two to tango, as they say. So who are some of Botterill’s potential dance partners? Who are their best gems available? Let’s take a peek:

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2018/1...jaden-schwartz
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Groan
    Sooner than later time...or start tolling some Amerks through until something sticks