Thread: The New Streak

I Hope I Offended You.... HipKat's Avatar
    Groan
    Groans: 0

The New Streak

The Sab's are going backwards, and not just in wins/losses.

Watching the Nashville, Toronto games, I see some glaring issues.

1, clearing loose pucks from the front of the net. last night especially, I was screaming at the TV to clear the damn puck.
    2, clearing bodies form the front of the net. The Sabres have no physical presence on Defense. A guy as big as Bogosian should be murdering people in front of the net.
    3, coming out of their own zone, the Sabres look like they're in slow motion. There's no "hurry-up" and compared to Toronto and Nashville, who attack at full speed, the Sabres look bored.
    4, the worst - puck control. Passing is not sharp. They lose pucks off their sticks constantly, sometimes by getting the puck stolen, but mostly by just not handling the puck correctly and not being in position.

On the plus side, last night when Eichel finally got Frustrated, he looked like a #2 draft pick and was easily the best player on the ice.
    I'm really liking Rodriguez. The kid never slows down.
    Even without being as physical as he can be, I like Bogisian a lot, too. He has a real veteran presence when he's on the ice.

This week showed us far we have to go before we truly match up with the best teams, all 3 who beat us and outplayed us this past week
    #theresistance | #nevertrump | #notmypresident

2. Rock on:

jc856 (12-05-18)

Groan
    They out played Toronto for most of that game.

The team has played 4 games in 6 nights they were bound to have some tough games but still they were in every one of the games.

Eichel has been playing at a high level the entire season , he has 34 point in 29 games...

It is good they are getting a break at home and don't have to play till Saturday afternoon.

Hopefully Pomminville and McCabe are back in the line up soon.

4. Rock on:

billsfan51 (12-08-18),Guinnessron (12-05-18),HipKat (12-06-18),jc856 (12-05-18),SabreBill30 (12-05-18)

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    The Sab's are going backwards, and not just in wins/losses.

Watching the Nashville, Toronto games, I see some glaring issues.

1, clearing loose pucks from the front of the net. last night especially, I was screaming at the TV to clear the damn puck.
    2, clearing bodies form the front of the net. The Sabres have no physical presence on Defense. A guy as big as Bogosian should be murdering people in front of the net.
    3, coming out of their own zone, the Sabres look like they're in slow motion. There's no "hurry-up" and compared to Toronto and Nashville, who attack at full speed, the Sabres look bored.
    4, the worst - puck control. Passing is not sharp. They lose pucks off their sticks constantly, sometimes by getting the puck stolen, but mostly by just not handling the puck correctly and not being in position.

On the plus side, last night when Eichel finally got Frustrated, he looked like a #2 draft pick and was easily the best player on the ice.
    I'm really liking Rodriguez. The kid never slows down.
    Even without being as physical as he can be, I like Bogisian a lot, too. He has a real veteran presence when he's on the ice.

This week showed us far we have to go before we truly match up with the best teams, all 3 who beat us and outplayed us this past week
    Agree on the D needing a big body. McCabe out hurts in those tight moments.

Maybe itís time to give an Amerk a chance on a F line? Scoring is still not coming outside of the top line and thatís a big reason for the difficulty to win these last couple of games.

6. Rock on:

HipKat (12-05-18),sportsgal88 (12-07-18)

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    Agree on the D needing a big body. McCabe out hurts in those tight moments.

Maybe itís time to give an Amerk a chance on a F line? Scoring is still not coming outside of the top line and thatís a big reason for the difficulty to win these last couple of games.
    Pommers will be back which adds some scoring.

Hockeys seasons have ups and downs we don't have to over react.

8. Rock on:

billsfan51 (12-08-18),HipKat (12-05-18)

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by ddpderek View Post
    Pommers will be back which adds some scoring.

Hockeys seasons have ups and downs we don't have to over react.
    Weíre winning games this year that we would have lost last year and losing games this year that we would have been blown out in

10. Rock on:

HipKat (12-05-18),jc856 (12-05-18)

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    Weíre winning games this year that we would have lost last year and losing games this year that we would have been blown out in
    Agreed.

Even tho they have lost 4 they were in every game (Florida is the only one they were awful in)

I would like them to add a Vet either Center or Winger around the deadline if they are still going at this pace for scoring and playoff experience.

12. Rock on:

HipKat (12-06-18)

I Hope I Offended You.... HipKat's Avatar
    Groan
    Iíd say Nashville skated rings around them, too. Most of the game, Buffalo was facing fierce forecheck by the Preds
    #theresistance | #nevertrump | #notmypresident

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Iíd say Nashville skated rings around them, too. Most of the game, Buffalo was facing fierce forecheck by the Preds
    The team still needs to learn how to handle the "Heavy" teams like Nashville. Quick outlets, speed through the neutral zone if you're not a big team too.

Maybe Rodriguez needs to be centering Okposo and Thompson and Mittlestadt Sheary and Pominville? It seems that Casey is a step ahead of his linemates and Rodriquez is more suited to Thompson/Okposo?

15. Rock on:

HipKat (12-06-18)

Groan
    I noticed Risto has had a round turn on breaking sticks this year compared to last. Last year it seemed almost every shot from the blue line he broke a stick. He's also been hitting people a lot more, he did hit the gym in the offseason if I remember reading that. Dahlin will also be a force after a few stints in the gym in the offseason. Bogo has been doing well on both the scoring and hitting but you're right, I'd like a punisher clearing the net as well as a punishing forward on the forecheck. That is something we are missing as well.
    My AAB is Kyle Williams...

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

17. Rock on:

HipKat (12-06-18)

Groan
    We will really see what this team is made of and how deep the talent is now that some injuries are creeping in.

McCabe and Nelson both out and it looks like Hutton is too.

19. Rock on:

HipKat (12-07-18)