Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jared Goff

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Really? Not even close? Goff was God awful his rookie year. Take your blinders off and be subjective.

Rosen? You mean the guy with the worst completion % of all the rookies? The guy that would have pitched a fit about coming to Buffalo? No thanks. The Bills got their guy and now they need do him right and build around him.
    LOL. Yep. Clausen......I mean Rosen would not have been pleased if Buffalo drafted him.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    If the Bills put the best offensive genius in the game on his team, and the best RB in the NFL, and the best WR corps in the NFL ... he might be average.

MIGHT.

But that’s the thing you’re not getting - the issues he is having is something that even rookies don’t struggle with.
    Yes all-knowing one. LOL

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by f8ta1ity54 View Post
    Subjective? I have been. Have you watched the games? He's awful. Not setting protections, running out of clean pockets, not seeing open receivers, inaccurate, poor mechanics and foot work, etc.

Goff did not look this bad. Trust me.

Yes Rosen. He would not have pitched a fit, that's all BS. completion percentage? 49% vs 53%...so if he had one more completion a game.. 53% wow. World beater.

Look, he seems like a nice kid and a competitor. I love it. But right now he is really bad. I would not count on him being anything close to jared goff next year. It may be year 3 before we see anything. Does McBeane get that kind of time?
    We might as well cut Josh Allen right now!!!! Right???

4. Rock on:

junglesouljah (10-11-18)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by junglesouljah View Post
    Intangibles such as Leadership and intelligence(football IQ & book smarts), toughness are just as important as tangibles such as height, weight, speed, arm talent, etc.

There is no doubt that Allen needs to improve at making pre-snap pass protection audibles, audible into better plays if the defense is showing an overload blitz pre-snap, reading defenses, going through his progresions. But here is the good news, he has only started in 4 games and played in 5 games in his young NFL career.

Rookies can learn and get better as they get more playing time, and see a lot of different looks defenses want to give him ie disguising coverage and blitzes pre-snap.

Allen is not Rosen or Mayfield and will take some time to develop, and fans will need patience before deciding if this is a good or bad pick. Give him 32 starts or 48 starts before you judge him a success or failure as a QB.
    We can all hope he progresses. That's about all that can be done. But to assume he will make a goff-like turn around is a bit much. He is going to need a year to learn the basics. Then another year to be comfortable in the offense. Then, maybe in year 3 he makes some real strides. Are we ready to wait that long? And how long are we going to wait if no progress is going to be made?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by thebowmanbody View Post
    We might as well cut Josh Allen right now!!!! Right???
    Is that really what you got out of reading my post? I'm not surprised.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Is that really what you got out of reading my post? I'm not surprised.
    No. Not really meant for you. I'm quite sure some around here think that way though.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    We can all hope he progresses. That's about all that can be done. But to assume he will make a goff-like turn around is a bit much. He is going to need a year to learn the basics. Then another year to be comfortable in the offense. Then, maybe in year 3 he makes some real strides. Are we ready to wait that long? And how long are we going to wait if no progress is going to be made?
    Or another off-season throwing to starters and 90 million on an offensive line and wide receivers will do the trick

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by rcas0308 View Post
    Or another off-season throwing to starters and 90 million on an offensive line and wide receivers will do the trick
    How many good offensive linemen do we need when he is escaping a clean pocket?

How many talented WRs do we need before he can find them on the field and throw an accurate pass?

10. Rock on:

bv (10-11-18)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    So an extremely smart, level headed kid that is obsessed with football isn't gonna figure it out? Let's not get ahead of our selves here. Expectations should be at a minimum with the talent level around him and at this stage of his career. He's now use to running for his life unfortunately and bad habits will occur. I don't agree with some of you that he should be starting. He should be on the bench working on his fundamentals and nuances of the position. With that being said I do think he is mentally tough enough to overcome the situation and who knows maybe it will speed up his development in the long run. Give the kid a first round running back next year and an athletic TE in the draft. Shore up the oline and wide receiver position in free agency and you will see him develop that confidence in his team to stand tall in the pocket.

12. Rock on:

junglesouljah (10-11-18)

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by rcas0308 View Post
    So an extremely smart, level headed kid that is obsessed with football isn't gonna figure it out? Let's not get ahead of our selves here. Expectations should be at a minimum with the talent level around him and at this stage of his career.
    Are you joking?

NFL History is FILLED with smart, nice, obsessed players that ended up SUCKING.

He's now use to running for his life unfortunately and bad habits will occur. I don't agree with some of you that he should be starting. He should be on the bench working on his fundamentals and nuances of the position. With that being said I do think he is mentally tough enough to overcome the situation and who knows maybe it will speed up his development in the long run. Give the kid a first round running back next year and an athletic TE in the draft. Shore up the oline and wide receiver position in free agency and you will see him develop that confidence in his team to stand tall in the pocket.
    He is not seeing WIDE OPEN receivers.

How is a new RB or new WR's or new TE going to help that!?