Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jared Goff

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    If the Bills put the best offensive genius in the game on his team, and the best RB in the NFL, and the best WR corps in the NFL ... he might be average.

MIGHT.

But that’s the thing you’re not getting - the issues he is having is something that even rookies don’t struggle with.
    Going to strongly disagree with you on this one. You build an All Pro Offensive line and two really good targets that can get open and catch and any average Joe QB will look great. The same can be said for a crap O line with WR's that can't get open or catch the ball when it hits them in the hands on in the numbers.

Allen's throws for the most part have been very good, especially without run support and intense pass rush. Front Office really should of built a bit more up front to keep Allen upright. I think Allen is going to be a good Franchise QB from what I have seen thus far.
    Do I think he could use a year learning from the bench and build confidence...yeah...but Peterdude was not able to deliver so we have to trail by fire Allen and hopefully they design a game plan to help him succeed.

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan186 View Post
    Going to strongly disagree with you on this one. You build an All Pro Offensive line and two really good targets that can get open and catch and any average Joe QB will look great. The same can be said for a crap O line with WR's that can't get open or catch the ball when it hits them in the hands on in the numbers.

Allen's throws for the most part have been very good, especially without run support and intense pass rush. Front Office really should of built a bit more up front to keep Allen upright. I think Allen is going to be a good Franchise QB from what I have seen thus far.
    Do I think he could use a year learning from the bench and build confidence...yeah...but Peterdude was not able to deliver so we have to trail by fire Allen and hopefully they design a game plan to help him succeed.
    Hate to break it to ya, but WR's are running open everywhere right now and the O-Line has given him plenty of time.

He still looks horrible.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    The kid is going to work out just fine. Will he ever be a 5,000 yard passer with 50 TDs? No, probably not.

But he is one of two uber-athletic, running-threat QBs built to take that abuse. Cam is the other one. Play action is going to be awesome when he 'gets' it.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Hate to break it to ya, but WR's are running open everywhere right now and the O-Line has given him plenty of time.

He still looks horrible.
    WR's coming open when you are running for your life is different than getting open when you have a clean pocket to throw from. O Line has been inconsistent to say the least. There are times when he has good time, but it is not the norm. Then half of the passes that he throws the target drops the ball. I am sure there are a good amount of plays in each game where he should of gone through his reads faster or missed an open guy. That is part of being a rookie.

With a rookie the game moves a lot faster for them. Takes time for the game to slow down. One of the reasons QB's used to sit for a few years was to allow them to adjust to the speed of the game. There is also the lack of experience that allows QB's to make quicker decisions.

There is no doubt that the more he plays the better he will get at diagnosing defenses. Right now it is a learning curve that he will have to suffer through. However, surrounding him with better talent would go a long way to helping his development.

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan186 View Post
    WR's coming open when you are running for your life is different than getting open when you have a clean pocket to throw from. O Line has been inconsistent to say the least. There are times when he has good time, but it is not the norm. Then half of the passes that he throws the target drops the ball. I am sure there are a good amount of plays in each game where he should of gone through his reads faster or missed an open guy. That is part of being a rookie.

With a rookie the game moves a lot faster for them. Takes time for the game to slow down. One of the reasons QB's used to sit for a few years was to allow them to adjust to the speed of the game. There is also the lack of experience that allows QB's to make quicker decisions.

There is no doubt that the more he plays the better he will get at diagnosing defenses. Right now it is a learning curve that he will have to suffer through. However, surrounding him with better talent would go a long way to helping his development.
    Dude, he is NOT running for his life.

What games are you watching?

The line has been farily good on several occasions.

Allen is CREATING the pressue himself.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Are you joking?

NFL History is FILLED with smart, nice, obsessed players that ended up SUCKING.

He is not seeing WIDE OPEN receivers.

How is a new RB or new WR's or new TE going to help that!?
    I'm sorry you can't accept the fact that some people don't agree with you. I think Allen is obsessed with football..no most players aren't on that level. That's why top prospects fail ex... Demarcus Russell/Kaepernick. I think he's got a Drew Bree's/Tom Brady type obsession and will only improve. And I expect big things of him.
    He was the most intelligent player in the draft. You act like he has some disability. Give me a break. He will figure out the mental aspect. And when he's setting his feet he's making accurate throws. All this will come in time.

7. Rock on:

junglesouljah (10-11-18)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Those complaining about Allen would have run Kelly out of town too. He was inconsistent in his first year and Allen is already 1/2way to his win total that season (4).

The body of work isn't big enough yet to determine if he's the chosen one or a bust. It's either going to click or it isn't. At this point in the season, there's nothing left to do but see what unfolds over the rest of the year.

Come January, then it's time to discuss if he's worth a second season or if the Bills need to find another QB.