Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NOW is the perfect time to get a competent coach and GM in here

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsim67 View Post
    That remains to be seen. They haven't been here long enough.
    The Pegulas or Beane and Mcdermott? If you mean Beane and Mcdermott I agree, I’m giving them next season, while Lit is scared they’ll squander it. If they do squander the cap space the Bills will be fucked for 3 years.

The Pegulas have shown plenty of incompetency though in two sports, I don’t trust their sports judgement

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Coffin View Post
    The Pegulas or Beane and Mcdermott? If you mean Beane and Mcdermott I agree, I’m giving them next season, while Lit is scared they’ll squander it. If they do squander the cap space the Bills will be fucked for 3 years.

The Pegulas have shown plenty of incompetency though in two sports, I don’t trust their sports judgement
    Yeah, I'm just talking about Beane and McDermott. I expect them to get a high draft pick, and trade down for more picks and players that can help them begin the climb up. If they screw it up, like go all defense, then I'm done supporting them. If they do this right, their is no reason they can't be a much better team to watch next season. As for the Pegula's, I hope they get there shit together, because Buffalo fans need something good to support.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    Why?

That is how it is SUPPOSED to be.

You're not supposed to regress.

Only in Buffalo do we think that is normal.

That is antiquated thinking.

Teams in the NFL rebuild in 1 off-season.

Were already young...

I wouldn't expect that from any McD coached team.

Why?

You just keep repeating cliches.
    Lit, why do you want the same thing in Buffalo that we've been getting for the last 18 years, which is teams that were bad or were good enough to almost make the playoff's or lucky enough to be able to back in last season? That's all we'd have this year. I want this organization to attempt to build a SYSTEM that will be competitive forever. They don't have to win a Super Bowl every year (one would be great), but consistently getting into the playoffs would be fantastic. If Pittsburgh can do it, their is no reason why the Bill's can't. And yes, it's fair to point at the owners, GM's and Coaches. But it's also fair to want to give the new GM and coach a chance, and not throw them to the wolves after a season and a game.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    But it's also fair to want to give the new GM and coach a chance, and not throw them to the wolves after a season and a game.
    the team should not allow McBeane to squander 10 draft picks and $80Million+ in cap space. Wasting picks and spending foolishly is what the bills have been doing over and over for the past 20 years.

it's amazing that you cant see or just choose to ignore that McBeane have clearly demonstrated they have no clue how to pick roster talent. the vast majority of the players they have brought here have sucked. And this assumes that JAllen pans out, an outcome that is far from certain.

You never offer any proof, based on what they have actually done, that they deserve to keep their jobs. Why? Can you imagine what a train wreck this team will be if Allen turns out like most of the football world thinks he will?
    Trump Corruption Map

'The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.' George Orwell

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    the team should not allow McBeane to squander 10 draft picks and $80Million+ in cap space. Wasting picks and spending foolishly is what the bills have been doing over and over for the past 20 years.

it's amazing that you cant see or just choose to ignore that McBeane have clearly demonstrated they have no clue how to pick roster talent. the vast majority of the players they have brought here have sucked. And this assumes that JAllen pans out, an outcome that is far from certain.

You never offer any proof, based on what they have actually done, that they deserve to keep their jobs. Why? Can you imagine what a train wreck this team will be if Allen turns out like most of the football world thinks he will?
    Frawk, everything that you and Lit bring up I see, and are valid points. But I also see next season, with the draft picks, cap space and more draft picks if they trade down. This team wasn't going to be good, but yes they would have been better. But how much better, 7-9 or maybe 8-8? Aren't you tired of that? Just good enough to almost make the playoffs, and get a middle of the road first pick. They didn't squander multiple draft picks, and millions in cap space without getting the okay from the Pegula's.

I'm not trying to offer proof, I'm trying to offer hope. They've been here a season and a game, and this is a bad team, but hopefully they are bad by design. I choose to believe that this is what they envisioned stepping into last season. Bad team, top 5 pick, they wouldn't have to trade away picks to move up and get a QB, and could also fill some holes. Unfortunately they got Unlucky and played over their heads. Fans were happy, but it set the original plan back a year. A team (any team) does not get this bad by accident.

Now I will be the first to admit that I didn't want them wasting picks to move up and grab a QB, because I wanted them to fill some holes first. They didn't do that, then began getting rid of what little talent they had. Come on, nobody is this bad at evaluating talent? If we aren't, they sure as hell aren't. This was a mediocre football team intentionally made worse. And you're right, I don't have any proof because their isn't any proof. I am going strictly on hope, because at this point that's all I have. I'm choosing to look at this as a glass half full, instead of a glass half empty because what choice do we have?

I want to see how this play's out, and if they blow it, then yes they should be gone. I'm just not going to make that decision based on a season and a game. if you think about it, what they and the Pegula's are doing takes ball's. They are ripping apart what may or may not have been a decent football team in order to try and build something much better. They weren't going to win with the talent they had, so they are cutting off the head right now, taking their lumps and looking towards the future. And again, I don't have proof, just going on hope. And like I said before, what choice do we have?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Yeah, I'm just talking about Beane and McDermott. I expect them to get a high draft pick, and trade down for more picks and players that can help them begin the climb up. If they screw it up, like go all defense, then I'm done supporting them. If they do this right, their is no reason they can't be a much better team to watch next season. As for the Pegula's, I hope they get there shit together, because Buffalo fans need something good to support.
    Only thing is if we’re that high we could use an elite talent like Nick Bosa. Trading down, pending how far, will likely get us a good amount of picks, but it will likely be picks in 2020 more so than more 2019 value. The FA period is just as if not more vital than any draft movement. There’s potential in this years FA class to sure up LB, CB, DL in specific.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Coffin View Post
    Only thing is if we’re that high we could use an elite talent like Nick Bosa. Trading down, pending how far, will likely get us a good amount of picks, but it will likely be picks in 2020 more so than more 2019 value. The FA period is just as if not more vital than any draft movement. There’s potential in this years FA class to sure up LB, CB, DL in specific.
    I'm talking about both picks and FA"s. If you throw in the picks (2019, and 2020), and FA"s, I think the Bill's will begin to turn the corner. They need to upgrade the OL, and DL. A great pass rush will do wonders for the DB's. In my opinion, they are preparing for a great opportunity, and I can't wait to see the what they do.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Frawk, everything that you and Lit bring up I see, and are valid points. But I also see next season, with the draft picks, cap space and more draft picks if they trade down. This team wasn't going to be good, but yes they would have been better. But how much better, 7-9 or maybe 8-8? Aren't you tired of that? Just good enough to almost make the playoffs, and get a middle of the road first pick. They didn't squander multiple draft picks, and millions in cap space without getting the okay from the Pegula's.

I'm not trying to offer proof, I'm trying to offer hope. They've been here a season and a game, and this is a bad team, but hopefully they are bad by design. I choose to believe that this is what they envisioned stepping into last season. Bad team, top 5 pick, they wouldn't have to trade away picks to move up and get a QB, and could also fill some holes. Unfortunately they got Unlucky and played over their heads. Fans were happy, but it set the original plan back a year. A team (any team) does not get this bad by accident.

Now I will be the first to admit that I didn't want them wasting picks to move up and grab a QB, because I wanted them to fill some holes first. They didn't do that, then began getting rid of what little talent they had. Come on, nobody is this bad at evaluating talent? If we aren't, they sure as hell aren't. This was a mediocre football team intentionally made worse. And you're right, I don't have any proof because their isn't any proof. I am going strictly on hope, because at this point that's all I have. I'm choosing to look at this as a glass half full, instead of a glass half empty because what choice do we have?

I want to see how this play's out, and if they blow it, then yes they should be gone. I'm just not going to make that decision based on a season and a game. if you think about it, what they and the Pegula's are doing takes ball's. They are ripping apart what may or may not have been a decent football team in order to try and build something much better. They weren't going to win with the talent they had, so they are cutting off the head right now, taking their lumps and looking towards the future. And again, I don't have proof, just going on hope. And like I said before, what choice do we have?
    Well said and I cant argue with any of that. I'm just wired differently because I can't be optimistic in the face of the evidence and the long and short term track records. I know Pegs isnt going to make a move on these guys but I am profoundly pissed that (IMO) they fucked up AGAIN on the mgmt team and we get stuck with the results.
    Trump Corruption Map

'The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.' George Orwell

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by 212frawk View Post
    Well said and I cant argue with any of that. I'm just wired differently because I can't be optimistic in the face of the evidence and the long and short term track records. I know Pegs isnt going to make a move on these guys but I am profoundly pissed that (IMO) they fucked up AGAIN on the mgmt team and we get stuck with the results.
    And I can't argue with anything you or Lit have said, because I've been there. I just want to look at differently this time, and hope that they are able to turn the corner, for us, as well as them. I'm tired of saying "well at least I have fantasy football because the Bill's suck again". As far as I'm concerned, they have a golden opportunity, and if they fuck this up, I will be pissed as well. I want a high draft pick, trade down for even more picks, and get some free agents in that can help in 2019.

Listen, we're Buffalo Bill fans, and we've probably seen it all. Man I hope anyway.