Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Allen Is Laughed At...While Mayfield, Barkley, and Jackson are Praised

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Daboll airing it out play 1 shows that he's going to play to the strengths of our personnel. I bet Daboll would have done wonders with Tyrod last year. I'm excited about our coaching staff more than anything currently

2. Rock on:

Guinnessron (08-11-18)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Coffin View Post
    Daboll airing it out play 1 shows that he's going to play to the strengths of our personnel. I bet Daboll would have done wonders with Tyrod last year. I'm excited about our coaching staff more than anything currently
    The D could have all lined up on the goal line and he was going to throw a bomb!

Loved it!

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    I mean, he didn't play well.

And Baker did.

I'm not laughing at him - it's only 1 game - but he did not look good.
    From what I saw of Allen he looked good. Great arm and very strong. Give him
    a little time and he will pay big dividends. Baker Mayfield also looked very good
    his scampers toward both sidelines for 1st downs were good his end zone throws
    looked like he has been doing it for years. His OL did a great job keeping those
    NY Giants off him. He couldn't outrun a few street cops though. I am still glad
    we got Josh.

Status

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    I knew someone would say this. Thank you for proving me right. The point is, the third string defense aren’t the ones dropping passes or running shitty routes. Big difference.
    I don't know how I proved you right but sure.

I'll counter with saying the 3rd string defense is often out of position and slow to react. Allen should've been better!

See how that works ?? .... I'm not shitting on the man btw. He played how I expected him to play. Just pointing out that the whole 3rd stringers argument goes both ways.
    Bills fan for life!! ................
    I love beer, rum, scotch and women !!

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    Nope.

He caught it right at the edge of the chalk. That's 2 yards. PLus the throw should have been another yard INSIDE. So at least 3 yards off.
    You said he was 5 yards out of bounds. Not 5 yards off the mark. I definitely saw Tyrod miss guys by 5 yards on the deep ball though.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    I don't know how I proved you right but sure.

I'll counter with saying the 3rd string defense is often out of position and slow to react. Allen should've been better!

See how that works ?? .... I'm not shitting on the man btw. He played how I expected him to play. Just pointing out that the whole 3rd stringers argument goes both ways.
    Well I see you’re impossible to reason with,so...whatever...

Status

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    Well I see you’re impossible to reason with,so...whatever...
    Nah man.

Its just that you seem to think that the 3rd stringers narrative only applies to the Bills. It goes both ways. For every "bad" route or drop there could easily be a bad coverage or a missed assignment on D. These are guys that will mostly be camp fodder and future cuts. You make it sound like Allen is playing with scrubs vs non scrubs. Not the case.
    Bills fan for life!! ................
    I love beer, rum, scotch and women !!

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Watching every pass for Allen, he had 2 drops, a blatant PI no call, a few duress just throwaways (the 4th and 3 and another one later in the 4th where he was getting sacked as he threw it) and i’ll credit 1/2 on the bombs if he had a competent WR running under the ball. So he woulda been 12/18 counting the two throwaways as throwaways, 11/18 if you credit both bombs as incompletions, as they were. So he would have been 61-66%.

Certainly though, if Rodgers for instance had this same adjusted completion percentage he'd be well in the 70s. A QB still needs to be 60%+ with the throwaways/drops. I think he'll get there, I didn't see many awful passes from him besides one to ray ray right before the TD and one to Foster

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    Nah man.

Its just that you seem to think that the 3rd stringers narrative only applies to the Bills. It goes both ways. For every "bad" route or drop there could easily be a bad coverage or a missed assignment on D. These are guys that will mostly be camp fodder and future cuts. You make it sound like Allen is playing with scrubs vs non scrubs. Not the case.
    Well...we will agree to disagree.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    So fucking what....first preseason game. Besides scores are prolly the last thing McD will use in his evaluation of Allen. By my count he had one bonehead/ rookie moment when DE zipped by the OT. Allen needs to learn to throw it away and if possible don't compound the broken play by running 10yards the wrong way. I get it he thought he could beat the DE outside running. I chalk that one up to. Damn I really can't get by with athleticism like I did in college. That DE was a heat seeking missile. I DO like that Allen stood in the pocket and got hit hard in the chest. On an earlier play. He shook it off and kept going...

12. Rock on:

HipKat (08-10-18)