Thread: Kane nets a first

Groan
    Groans: 0

Kane nets a first

Looks like Evander Kane is signing a 7 yr deal with SJ. This nets a 2019 first rounder for the Sabres.

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hope they suck then

Groan
    If they suck (enough to miss the playoffs) the pick defers to 2020.
    A more beneficial wish would be that they suck two years in a row, and even worse the second year.

Groan
    They are not going to suck, so the real desire is for them to make the playoffs next year and then get swept in 4 games to be the first team out, Hence getting us the 17th pick in round 1.

5. Rock on:

bcw (05-24-18),HipKat (05-24-18)

Range Member
    Groan
    7 year, $49 million.

I don't think I would have trusted him enough to give him that deal (O'Reilly's deal was 7 years, $52.5 million) but I wish him well.

When he is playing well he is worth every penny. Will he behave and remain motivated for 7 years? That is a lot to ask of him.

Groan
    Oh life sucks.

welcome to pwngville
    Groan
    citizen kane is a very good player when on the ice, but i think hes a bit of a locker room cancer. hes doing better with the off-ice stuff, but his attitude is somewhat of a selfish diva. reports are that he doesnt put in much extra time and didnt like to hang out with teammates very often

at this early juncture and with all the new faces its hard to gauge kanes departure impact. i think its pretty obvious eichel was talking abouot kane when he was complaining about unity and being held accountable last season. i think his quirky-ness was more pronounced on a young team finding its footing. now with all the new faces and the feeling of a higher energy lockerroom, im not sure whether kane would have fit in well on this team

so as good as he was 5-on-5, it looks like the team is better off without him. a middle to late first and dumping that salary seems pretty solid value for the sabres - at least until we see who they select with his pick
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Groan
    Itís early, but I hope to see some additional moves. Larsson and a few others should be able to be packaged for some additional assets to gain another impact player - especially on D while we wait for Guhle/Pilut to develop

I love that we finally have a 4th line that doesnít have to play as a second or third line.

Should be an interesting ride as it finally looks like we have a team and not just a bunch of players that donít fit

10. Rock on:

HipKat (10-13-18)