Thread: Sabres should break out this year

Groan
    Groans: 0

Sabres should break out this year

Adding a pedicted Superstar talent to the blue line in Dahlin should have a significant impact to the Sabres game. When you look at the Sabres over the last few years the Blue Line is where they just were terrible. Risto is good and is a top 4 Defenseman. McCabe is solid defensively. Scandella is decent could be a top 4 pairing. Beaulieu didn't exactly impress me. He could be a third line guy. Guhle looks very promising. I think he cracks the lineup this year and should be a top 4 D Man. I don't know much a Pilut and Antipin is a question mark.
    Yet looking at the possibilities.....Dahlin and McCabe......Risto and Guhle. Scandella and Beaulieu/Pilut/Beaulieu. Not taking into account left or right handed but just Offensive paired with Defensive minded D men. Except for Risto and Guhle who are both Offensive minded.

What is also nice is the Sabres 2nd round pick should be able to get a Winger who might be NHL ready. That would be the 30 pick I believe overall. I think Ullmark is going to be the guy in goal and hopefully a huge improvement of Lehner. I think having a better Defensive Core will also help the Goalie as it won't be a dam shooting gallery.
    I think Dahlin is going to make a bigger impact than Eichel, simply because we had Talent at Center, Eichel upgraded that level but the upgrade on the Blue Line is Huge when you look at what the Sabres had, and the style of hockey Housley wants to play.

I could see Risto and McCabe being utilized against the top opposing lines and Dahlin and Guhle used with the Eichel line to pour on Offense. Lot of interesting combinations.

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan186 View Post
    Adding a pedicted Superstar talent to the blue line in Dahlin should have a significant impact to the Sabres game. When you look at the Sabres over the last few years the Blue Line is where they just were terrible. Risto is good and is a top 4 Defenseman. McCabe is solid defensively. Scandella is decent could be a top 4 pairing. Beaulieu didn't exactly impress me. He could be a third line guy. Guhle looks very promising. I think he cracks the lineup this year and should be a top 4 D Man. I don't know much a Pilut and Antipin is a question mark.
    Yet looking at the possibilities.....Dahlin and McCabe......Risto and Guhle. Scandella and Beaulieu/Pilut/Beaulieu. Not taking into account left or right handed but just Offensive paired with Defensive minded D men. Except for Risto and Guhle who are both Offensive minded.

What is also nice is the Sabres 2nd round pick should be able to get a Winger who might be NHL ready. That would be the 30 pick I believe overall. I think Ullmark is going to be the guy in goal and hopefully a huge improvement of Lehner. I think having a better Defensive Core will also help the Goalie as it won't be a dam shooting gallery.
    I think Dahlin is going to make a bigger impact than Eichel, simply because we had Talent at Center, Eichel upgraded that level but the upgrade on the Blue Line is Huge when you look at what the Sabres had, and the style of hockey Housley wants to play.

I could see Risto and McCabe being utilized against the top opposing lines and Dahlin and Guhle used with the Eichel line to pour on Offense. Lot of interesting combinations.
    With the new D Corps coming together and a logjam at forward, I feel there's opportunity now to consider including Risto in any trade scenario. I don't want him traded, but could see a scenario that involves Risto and a top forward (O'Reilly, Reinhart)could be a package for someone like Karlsson? To give him the contract extension, some $$ would need to be moved.

3. Rock on:

HipKat (05-24-18)

Groan
    For some reason Eklund on Hockey Buzz thinks the Sabres are heavily interested in Jack Johnson, If that were true, then someone has to go. I think a season in Rochester might be good for Beaulieu, we would have to waive him to get him there, but I would be willing to take that chance. GMJB said he might have to look in changing the core players because the way it is isn't working. Does this mean Risto and ROR can be had for the right price. If we get Johnson and Dahlin and add Guhle, McCabe, Scandella, Pilut, Borgen, Does that allow us to move Risto for say a Goalie?
    I really don't want to trade Risto, I like he plays with some jam, But sometimes you have to give to get.

Groan
    Sabres might be interested in Tavares

Groan
    sometimes you have to give to get

welcome to pwngville
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosini383 View Post
    Sabres might be interested in Tavares
    fucking leaves

i had that damn organization. they have all the advantages that we dont. big name guys much more likely to choose there if they can than most other clubs, including bflo

damn leaves. i wish they hadnt got lucky and got matthews. as if they needed any more advantages
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball