Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: The Dahlin effect...

  1. #11
    welcome to pwngville
    Meathead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 9, 2003
    Posts
    25,259
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Grin View Post
    According to this, Gord Miller thinks that Dahlin could help the Sabres get John Tavares.
    https://www.thefourthperiod.com/may-...g-for-tavares/
    i would fucking go nuts if that happened

    holy wow, that would be awesome
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

    Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

  2. #12
    Bo knows best Bosini383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11, 2017
    Posts
    984
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    I never agreed with the Lehner move. They def have to do something, I dont even think Ullmark is the answer either. Id be ok with him as the back up.

  3. #13
    Range Member squonk85*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 8, 2017
    Posts
    215
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Truer words were never spoken
    Well then, Who are we putting in the lineup? Ullmark failed miserably in the AHL playoffs and he knows it and he will learn from it and it will make him a better player, but until then, we need a Goaltender and as they say "sometimes it's better to go with the devil you know".

  4. #14
    I Hope I Offended You.... HipKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11, 2017
    Posts
    1,281
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by squonk85* View Post
    Well then, Who are we putting in the lineup? Ullmark failed miserably in the AHL playoffs and he knows it and he will learn from it and it will make him a better player, but until then, we need a Goaltender and as they say "sometimes it's better to go with the devil you know".
    That's the question of the century. One of the MOST disappointing things about the Sabres the last few years is that it's so out of character to not have a top notch goaltender. Unfortunately, for now, maybe next year too, we're stuck with what we have

  5. #15
    Range Member foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 24, 2004
    Posts
    5,308
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    That's the question of the century. One of the MOST disappointing things about the Sabres the last few years is that it's so out of character to not have a top notch goaltender. Unfortunately, for now, maybe next year too, we're stuck with what we have
    My biggest fear is to get the front end figured out only to have the back end a liability

  6. #16
    I Hope I Offended You.... HipKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11, 2017
    Posts
    1,281
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    My biggest fear is to get the front end figured out only to have the back end a liability
    Mine too. Looks like defense is on the right track - on paper. I'm real curious how it's going to look up front. There needs to be a major change in attitude and motivation with the Sabres' forwards

  7. #17
    Range Member foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 24, 2004
    Posts
    5,308
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Mine too. Looks like defense is on the right track - on paper. I'm real curious how it's going to look up front. There needs to be a major change in attitude and motivation with the Sabres' forwards
    They just locked up Asplund on a 3 yr entry level deal. There will finally be some competition across the board for playing time

  8. Rock on:

    HipKat (Yesterday)

  9. #18
    Range Member squonk85*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 8, 2017
    Posts
    215
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Well, we thought the defense was on the right track last year, so that is a huge wait see proposition. Great to get Asplund signed, He could replace O'Reilly, He is not quite there yet, but he checks all the boxes for a future 3rd line Center, Just as Malone does for 4th line Center and if you don't think that's important then you don't know hockey. For now I would like to see them try to get Matt Calvert here on a 1 year deal.

  10. Rock on:

    HipKat (Today)

  11. #19
    I Hope I Offended You.... HipKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11, 2017
    Posts
    1,281
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Yeah, right now, the Sabres are starting a youth movement with some really talented players. I'm still not a fan of Housley as Coach, BUT, maybe he can redeem himself this year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •