Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dahlin effect...

Groan
    Groans: 0

The Dahlin effect...

Great to see the Sabres ink Pilut to a contract.

Dahlin, Risto, Guhle, Scandella, Nelson, McCabe, Pilut, Beaulieu, ... Bogo, Gorges...maybe Antipin

All of a sudden the Sabres have a chance to make the bottom pairing competitive.

welcome to pwngville
    Groan
    lots of things have to change for them to become competitive

the best thing appears they have secured the best player on the planet for phils system. he was on the verge of losing his lockerroom, and thus his job, bc either his system was a failure or his players werent listening

they are going to have to move some of their defensive talent to secure upgrades at the scoring positions. i expect risto would command enough of a haul to get a top four winger

and of course they need to upgrade G1. the lehner experiment appears to have failed. ready or not, its the ulmark era now

finally, when are we going to start holding jack accountable for the failure in discipline? hes the marquee player, hes been here now through the failure of one coach and is on the verge of the failure of another. when do we start pointing at him and saying hes got to get the guys to play whatever system properly? i guess when we make him full captain, which should be this year. if they arent going to follow jack then they arent going to follow anyone
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga
    Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post

the best thing appears they have secured the best player on the planet for phils system. he was on the verge of losing his lockerroom, and thus his job, bc either his system was a failure or his players werent listening

they are going to have to move some of their defensive talent to secure upgrades at the scoring positions. i expect risto would command enough of a haul to get a top four winger

and of course they need to upgrade G1. the lehner experiment appears to have failed. ready or not, its the ulmark era now

finally, when are we going to start holding jack accountable for the failure in discipline? hes the marquee player, hes been here now through the failure of one coach and is on the verge of the failure of another. when do we start pointing at him and saying hes got to get the guys to play whatever system properly? i guess when we make him full captain, which should be this year. if they arent going to follow jack then they arent going to follow anyone
    There should now be some competition for playing time. Perform and you get to play, don't perform and it's the pressbox or Rochester. It's been a long time since this team has been able to use playing time as a weapon.

Groan

Housley came from Nashville with some pretty good credentials, The players there raved about what a knowledgeable coach he was and they loved playing for him. I'm wondering what stall in the locker room did you sit in to know he is ready to lose the room. I am sick of hearing how it's the coaches fault when the players don't do what their told. From what I can see, Housley's system is the way the NHL is being played these days, move the puck quickly jump up in the play to help the offense and when they do jump up the forwards take some defensive responsibilities. If the players don't want to play the system then they have to change the players. They will start to get better players in the system, and when they can move on from the bad contracts or get those players to play up to their ability, i.e. Okposo, who to me gets a pass for last year seeing as he almost died. O'Reilly who needs to find his passion, whatever that means, and Bogo, who just needs to stay healthy, because if he ever does I think he can be an importance piece going forward. Everybody wants to be good now, they need more than one year to put their plan into action, and Jack sounded like a grown man in his exit interview, so if he's ready to lead that will help going forward. Why do people keep forgetting about Borgen, The dude is a grown ass man, who knows how to protect his own end.

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by squonk85* View Post
    Housley came from Nashville with some pretty good credentials, The players there raved about what a knowledgeable coach he was and they loved playing for him. I'm wondering what stall in the locker room did you sit in to know he is ready to lose the room. I am sick of hearing how it's the coaches fault when the players don't do what their told. From what I can see, Housley's system is the way the NHL is being played these days, move the puck quickly jump up in the play to help the offense and when they do jump up the forwards take some defensive responsibilities. If the players don't want to play the system then they have to change the players. They will start to get better players in the system, and when they can move on from the bad contracts or get those players to play up to their ability, i.e. Okposo, who to me gets a pass for last year seeing as he almost died. O'Reilly who needs to find his passion, whatever that means, and Bogo, who just needs to stay healthy, because if he ever does I think he can be an importance piece going forward. Everybody wants to be good now, they need more than one year to put their plan into action, and Jack sounded like a grown man in his exit interview, so if he's ready to lead that will help going forward. Why do people keep forgetting about Borgen, The dude is a grown ass man, who knows how to protect his own end.
    Dahlin, Guhle, Risto, Scandella and now Pilut are all prototypical "Housley" type players. Between the newest additions (assuming Dahlin included) and changes that are surely ahead - I'm excited to see what type of soup Housley can make from these players.

6. Rock on:

Meathead (06-23-18)

Groan
    According to this, Gord Miller thinks that Dahlin could help the Sabres get John Tavares.
    https://www.thefourthperiod.com/may-...g-for-tavares/

But in an interview on TSN 690 in Montreal Wednesday afternoon, TSN Hockey announcer and play-by-play voice Gord Miller pinpointed the Buffalo Sabres as a real candidate to sign Tavares this summer.

“I think (drafting first-overall) makes Buffalo a legitimate contender to get John Tavares,” Miller said. “Tavares wants to win and he wants to play in a good hockey market. Well, Buffalo’s a good hockey market. And now you’ve got Rasmus Dahlin coming. They’ve already got (Rasmus) Ristolainen. They’ve got (Jack) Eichel. They’ve got an owner willing to spend money. It’s close to home, but it’s not in Toronto with all the scrutiny. His uncle John played lacrosse in Buffalo for years, he’s a legend there. All of a sudden, with Buffalo winning the draft lottery, they look like a team that players would want to play for.”

8. Rock on:

Meathead (05-20-18)

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    Great to see the Sabres ink Pilut to a contract.

Dahlin, Risto, Guhle, Scandella, Nelson, McCabe, Pilut, Beaulieu, ... Bogo, Gorges...maybe Antipin

All of a sudden the Sabres have a chance to make the bottom pairing competitive.
    Not to bust your bubble but without goaltending we are NOT near being competitive.Not firing Housley will set us back as well.

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Wide Right View Post
    Not to bust your bubble but without goaltending we are NOT near being competitive.Not firing Housley will set us back as well.
    The Sabres were giving up a crapload of 2 on 1’s in this past season. If they can eliminate 1/4 of those that will make anyone between the pipes look better.

I’m not a big fan of Lehner. I think he puts up above avg #’s on a better team.

I feel Ullmark will be as good or better and the D will be better too. This should shave at least a .75 GPG and that will translate into a handful of additional wins.

Is there a stud goalie available? I don’t really think so.

Groan
    It wouldn't bother me if they gave Lehner another 1 year deal, It would give them a year to see if Ullmark can handle they rigors of the NHL. Otherwise, if they are putting their eggs in Ullmark's basket, the only guys I see on the UFA list that should be of any interest are Bernier from Colorado, Hutchinson from Winnipeg, or Hutton from St.Louis. Maybe GMJB could try to pry Garrett Sparks from Toronto, He has been outstanding in the AHL and there really isn't much room for him in Toronto.

I Hope I Offended You.... HipKat's Avatar
    Groan
    the lehner experiment appears to have failed.
    Truer words were never spoken