Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Offseason

Listening to Botterill's press conference today made me feel a bit better about this organization and where it's headed.

He sounded legitimately pissed off. And I think he even said that.

Accountability, depth, competition for playing time, all part of his vision and something that has been lacking for years.

Sounds like very few players are safe and that he's willing to make some bold moves.

Groan
    Groans: 0
    I'm sure he would love to back up the moving van on more than a few players. Johann Larsson has one more year, Girgensons also 1 more year, even though I like him going forward for Fourth line duty. GMJB is still stuck with some contracts that are a heavy load. He has a boat load of RFA's that he needs to tender. Smith, Fasching, Malone, O'Regan, Bailey, Antipin, Wilson, Baptiste, Reinhart are all players they need to let continue to develop. He already did a good thing getting Mittlestadt and Borgen locked up. The only expiring Free agent I want them to sign is Casey Nelson, even though he could re-up Falk and Zach Redmond for Rochester. Cliff Pu will be in Rochester next year, Vojtech Budik needs to be signed. Victor Olofsson and Rasmus Asplund are considering coming over next year. The big question is what to do with the goaltending? Do they cut bait with Lehner and Johnson and turn it over to Ullmark and find another back up, In my mind I think he already knows.
    Fingers crossed for the lottery, although we all know how that's going to turn out.

Groan
    No one should be safe with the exception of Eichel and the new kids.
    My Retired AAB is Kyle Williams...

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    If Botterill doesn't secure a goalie in the off season then he failed. I'd would not hesitate to trade Eichel either.

Groan
    Looks like O'Reilly could be on the trading block.
    https://www.thefourthperiod.com/apr-...his-offseason/

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Grin View Post
    Looks like O'Reilly could be on the trading block.
    https://www.thefourthperiod.com/apr-...his-offseason/
    I am not on board with this option....unless it's a blockbuster. The faceoff wins, PPG's, and you don't trade away one of your top 3 scorers on a team that struggles scoring unless it a deal you can't refuse.

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    I am not on board with this option....unless it's a blockbuster. The faceoff wins, PPG's, and you don't trade away one of your top 3 scorers on a team that struggles scoring unless it a deal you can't refuse.
    Yeah, keep Oreilly and all of these guys so we can keep the playoff drought going.We really need a guy who admits that he has no passion for the game.Make him Captain.

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Wide Right View Post
    If Botterill doesn't secure a goalie in the off season then he failed. I'd would not hesitate to trade Eichel either.
    I am happy that you are not the GM, If the culture is going to change it needs to start with Eichel, you do not trade the most talented player on the roster who has just turned 21, you add around him. A situation that GMJB should keep an eye on is the Goaltender situation in Washington, If they get dumped by Columbus there is going to be changes. If I was Botterill, I would try to get John Carlson here as a UFA and then trade Risto for either Holtby or Grubauer who is a RFA. I think you get better on Defense and in Goal in the blink of an eye. I think O'Reilly will come back next year reinvigorated and do what he always does, which is control face-offs, score 20-25 goals and 55-60 points.

9. Rock on:

Meathead (06-07-18)

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by squonk85* View Post
    I am happy that you are not the GM, If the culture is going to change it needs to start with Eichel, you do not trade the most talented player on the roster who has just turned 21, you add around him. A situation that GMJB should keep an eye on is the Goaltender situation in Washington, If they get dumped by Columbus there is going to be changes. If I was Botterill, I would try to get John Carlson here as a UFA and then trade Risto for either Holtby or Grubauer who is a RFA. I think you get better on Defense and in Goal in the blink of an eye. I think O'Reilly will come back next year reinvigorated and do what he always does, which is control face-offs, score 20-25 goals and 55-60 points.
    Eichel isn't nor will he ever be the guy you build a team around. He's a slightly above average NHL player and common sense dictates you would get even value back for him in a trade.Give me an above average goalie and I'd give them Eichel any day of the week.Risto has shown me more than any Sabre this season as well, not trading him.

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Its time to put the C on Eichel and let him lead this team.

Ullmark needs to be one of our goalies next year and I think he should be the starter and get atleast 50 games.

The bottom 6 needs to be completely rebuilt mainly with AHL guys.

Not much to go after when it comes to FA. I would look at Van Riemsdyk.

I also want to move Oreily out and try to get a fair hockey trade for him.