Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Groan
    Groans: 0
    Sorry VWR, I am not seeing what you're seeing or not seeing. Eichel is better than an above average Hockey player and when they find players that can skate with him and finish off the plays he's capable of making, the results will speak for themselves. I would only move Risto if he was to bring us a top Goalie and we were able to replace him in free agency.

Groan
    No way you trade Eichel. But the house needs to be cleaned out. Keep the upcoming guys they’ve earned a shot and played well. They need another goalie, Ullmark will need help. Dump Johnson and trade Lehner maybe he has some value. Still can’t believe we gave a first for him. O’reilly annoyed me with his comments, aside from his face off wins he’s too slow. We need to bring in more speed. I’m really not sold bringing him back.

3. Rock on:

ddpderek (04-18-18)

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosini383 View Post
    No way you trade Eichel. But the house needs to be cleaned out. Keep the upcoming guys they’ve earned a shot and played well. They need another goalie, Ullmark will need help. Dump Johnson and trade Lehner maybe he has some value. Still can’t believe we gave a first for him. O’reilly annoyed me with his comments, aside from his face off wins he’s too slow. We need to bring in more speed. I’m really not sold bringing him back.
    Agree with getting another Goalie. My issue with moving O'Reilly is you need to move him for an asset that can score at least 25 goals or a 1st pairing D-Man. From what I hear, he's a solid locker room guy and his work ethic is off the charts. I didn't like the comments, but it's the type of season that would sour Wayne Gretzky. Losing sucks and it must have been just a crappy Spring. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for another year...unless a deal that you can't refuse comes along. Top 5 pick, 1st pr DMan, 25+ goal scoring speedy winger....

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    Agree with getting another Goalie. My issue with moving O'Reilly is you need to move him for an asset that can score at least 25 goals or a 1st pairing D-Man. From what I hear, he's a solid locker room guy and his work ethic is off the charts. I didn't like the comments, but it's the type of season that would sour Wayne Gretzky. Losing sucks and it must have been just a crappy Spring. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for another year...unless a deal that you can't refuse comes along. Top 5 pick, 1st pr DMan, 25+ goal scoring speedy winger....
    I can live with that.

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ddpderek View Post
    Its time to put the C on Eichel and let him lead this team.

Ullmark needs to be one of our goalies next year and I think he should be the starter and get atleast 50 games.

The bottom 6 needs to be completely rebuilt mainly with AHL guys.

Not much to go after when it comes to FA. I would look at Van Riemsdyk.

I also want to move Oreily out and try to get a fair hockey trade for him.
    Go ahead, make that 20 something a year goal scorer your team captain and for what? Because he was a high draft pick? What leadership has he shown?Exactly what success has he brought to this franchise?Why are you so high on Ullmark that we should make him our #1 goalie next year?

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Wide Right View Post
    Go ahead, make that 20 something a year goal scorer your team captain and for what? Because he was a high draft pick? What leadership has he shown?Exactly what success has he brought to this franchise?Why are you so high on Ullmark that we should make him our #1 goalie next year?
    I think Ullmark will show in the AHL Playoffs why he is ready to take that step. Ive seen him play a few times in person and a lot on TV. He stands out to me. I think they need to bring in a Vet to compete with him though.

Were not in the locker room but I think Eichel cares a lot about hockey and about this team. He wants the C and I don't think he would shy away from it.

For the most part this is a young team and I think Eichel will lead my example on and off the ice.

No one else is more deserving on the roster.

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think Ullmark will show in the AHL Playoffs why he is ready to take that step. Ive seen him play a few times in person and a lot on TV. He stands out to me. I think they need to bring in a Vet to compete with him though.

Were not in the locker room but I think Eichel cares a lot about hockey and about this team. He wants the C and I don't think he would shy away from it.

For the most part this is a young team and I think Eichel will lead my example on and off the ice.

No one else is more deserving on the roster.
    I hope you are right on Ullmark. That would be a pleasant surprise.I'll tell you why Eichel isn't ready in my opinion.During locker clean out a real leader would have been mightily pissed off and posing serious questions about the management and ownership of this franchise to the media.Eichel does not command respect from his team mates to be captain at this time, not even close. He's done nothing on the ice of note therefore what credibility would he have speaking to the team?

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't think questioning a new GM would be very smart.

A lot of people cited Eichel as the reason why Bylsma was let go. He doesn't want to turn into a coach killer.

Not having a C like this year is just dumb and I have huge doubts when it comes to Housley.

Groan
    I don't think questioning a new GM would be very smart.

A lot of people cited Eichel as the reason why Bylsma was let go. He doesn't want to turn into a coach killer.

Not having a C like this year is just dumb and I have huge doubts when it comes to Housley.
    I agree, if you look at Eichel PPG it’s deserving. Eichel got a bad rap for bylsma and wouldn’t want to get caught up in that again. The reality of the situation is the team itself is not good enough.

Groan
    It seemed to me that Eichel showed in his season ending presser exactly why he should be the leader going forward, He stated how everybody needs to look within themselves and that included himself to find a way to turn things around. I don't agree that you should stand in front of the media and air your dirty laundry, if you have issues with management, you should go directly to them and sort things out. Last year Eichel was whiny and pouty at the end of the season, this year he came across as a mature individual. Don't hate on Jack because you expected A when he arrived here and you got B, because with maturity A can be achieved and B will be in the rear view mirror.