Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling out Lit

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Calling out Lit

hey Lit, wanna take a bet?
    You wrote on this board that Tyrod will set the league on fire, might be in the pro bowl and other stuff.
    Wanna take a bet? Propose a stat or any measure and the setting. I would prefer a cumulative stat (like DYAR or total yards) to an efficiency rating (like QB rating and DVOA) since Tyrod is rather efficient when he finally decides to throw a ball. But I would also bet on a efficiency stat.
    So I assume you are so high that you give me top 5. Dont propose any lame bets like top 15. A top 15 QB does not set the league on fire. So go ahead. Make you proposal.
    Winner can setup signature for loser for a season. Excluding sexual and political offensive stuff. But personal attacks can be used
    Fine for you? Then define the bet.

Edit: if Tyrod is injured for four or more total games the bet is off. If he does not reach the goal due to benching, I win.

OFFICIAL (AGREED UPON) BET:
    Top-5 in total yards (passing/rushing) means we take all QBs add up their running and passing yards at the end of the year and tyrod needs to be Top 5 for you to win. And he ALSO needs to be top 10 in passing yards, both in the regular season of 2018. You need both qualifiers to win.
    Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of
    The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

2. Rock on:

CBennett (10-09-18)

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    As I’ve told you before - DVOR and DVOA and other made up analytic rankings that mean nothing are very low on my totem poll.

But yes, sure, I’ll make a bet about Tyrod.

Although, the last time I made a bet (it was Daryl), he still hasn’t paid.

I bet Tyrod will be Top-5 in total yards (passing/rushing) and top 10 in passing yards.

4. Rock on:

billsfan51 (04-03-18)

5. Groan:

CBennett (09-21-18)

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    As I’ve told you before - DVOR and DVOA and other made up analytic rankings that mean nothing are very low on my totem poll..
    Well, I thought your preferences about stats have changed since recently you touted a stat that was based on a random dude taking notes on a napkin about long passes. But I guess since famous coaches drew up plays on napkins, this is reliable. Anyway...

Although, the last time I made a bet (it was Daryl), he still hasn’t paid..
    Well, first since this is not about money but about signature you should be fine. Especially since you can modify my sig anyway. And you know: ' A Lannister German always pays his debts.'

I bet Tyrod will be Top-5 in total yards (passing/rushing) and top 10 in passing yards.
    Ok, thats not exactly the stuff of legends or setting the league on fire but I take it. Nice to fit in the running yards, but ok, a yard is a yard. Just to be sure:
    Top-5 in total yards (passing/rushing) means we take all QBs add up their running and passing yards at the end of the year and tyrod needs to be Top 5 for you to win. And he ALSO needs to be top 10 in passing yards, both in the regular season of 2018. You need both qualifiers to win.

Winner decides upon signature which has to be shown during all of the 2019 season (incl. pre-season games and playoffs). No sexual offensive and political offensive stuff (I am looking on the board at work). And at the end of the sig there is a small disclaimer: "Sig provided by [winner of the bet]".
    EDIT: if he gets benched thats your problem. If he loses a total of at least four full games the bet is off.
    Deal?
    Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    FYI - I have offered to pay multiple times. CHeck the threads if you want confirmation. I think Ryan likes holding it over my head more than he wants the $. Just a guess though.
    Just my 2 Cents

The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"It's time for the Jedi to end." - Luke Skywalker: Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi

''We will always be with you. No one's ever really gone.'' - Luke Skywalker Star Wars Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker

#Cup or Bust 2019 #Bowl or Bust 2018

Site Staff Sucks

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    WOW. Lit thinks tyrod is going from 25th to top 10 in passing yards?

And also total yards despite his BEST season ever would put him about 20th in total yards?

What a bet. Everyone screenshot this now because lit will delete this thread in a bit. This is a lock for you Topas.

9. Rock on:

junglesouljah (09-10-18),Meathead (04-05-18)

Site Staff Sucks

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Shit, You could give Tyrod a 300 yard head start with those ideas and still win.

11. Rock on:

Victor7 (04-03-18)

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnar_zero View Post

And also total yards despite his BEST season ever would put him about 20th in total yards?

What a bet. Everyone screenshot this now because lit will delete this thread in a bit. This is a lock for you Topas.
    I feel extremely confident about this bet IF Lit takes it. Watch him weasel out of this in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

EDIT: and yes I already made screenshots

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by daryls61 View Post
    FYI - I have offered to pay multiple times. CHeck the threads if you want confirmation. I think Ryan likes holding it over my head more than he wants the $. Just a guess though.
    I’ve told you how I want compensation several times. You just conveniently ignore those posts.
    My name is Ryan, and I am an anonymous Patriots fan. I was owned in a football bet by a resident of a country whose favorite sport is soccer. Here are some nuggets of my football knowledge:• We should have paid more than the Jets for pick #3 in the 2018 draft, since there will be no chance that we can draft Josh Rosen now.• The sky is falling - we lost Mike Gillislee.• Scott Chandler is going to blow up playing with Gronk.• Chris Hogan is going to blow up playing with Brady.• Tyrod Taylor will set the league on fire.

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    I’ve told you how I want compensation several times. You just conveniently ignore those posts.
    Lit: PM Daryl your paypal email adress. Daryl screenshot the payment. Problem solved.

Now back on topic.

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnar_zero View Post

Right.

Deleting threads.

Of which I haven’t been able to do in 2 years.

Makes sense.