Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NHL draft

Groan
    Groans: 0
    Found this table showing the lottery odds: http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

Sabres have a 50.6% chance of picking 4th.

If you are taking NYR/NYI/CHI/MON, I'll guess Oilers, Dallas, Detroit, or Vancouver.

Groan
    I think we finish top 2. Just my gut. They got shafted last year.

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hopefully the 3rd time finishing DFL is the charm.

Grumpy Jaded Curmudgeon biggbrd27's Avatar
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by The Grin View Post
    Found this table showing the lottery odds: http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

Sabres have a 50.6% chance of picking 4th.

If you are taking NYR/NYI/CHI/MON, I'll guess Oilers, Dallas, Detroit, or Vancouver.
    Take your pick, NYR, NYI, Hawks and/or Dallas will be picking 1 & 2. They will let one of the other stiffs, probably Arizona be 3 because Bettman desperately wants them to survive. Buffalo will definitely be 4th. Can almost see Daley in the back room fixing all this up!! No transparency = The kind of draft lottery of 2017. NJ, PHL, Dallas and Colorado 1,2,3 & 4. Gotta keep Comcast happy! And with the 2 NYC teams and Chicago out of the playoffs Sabres are Fucked!! Don't forget the Habs!! Look at all that CAD TV money! Why can't they have a public drawing in full view of everyone?? We need to call BS all the way around. No teams can be that lucky or unlucky by chance...

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by biggbrd27 View Post
    Take your pick, NYR, NYI, Hawks and/or Dallas will be picking 1 & 2. They will let one of the other stiffs, probably Arizona be 3 because Bettman desperately wants them to survive. Buffalo will definitely be 4th. Can almost see Daley in the back room fixing all this up!! No transparency = The kind of draft lottery of 2017. NJ, PHL, Dallas and Colorado 1,2,3 & 4. Gotta keep Comcast happy! And with the 2 NYC teams and Chicago out of the playoffs Sabres are Fucked!! Don't forget the Habs!! Look at all that CAD TV money! Why can't they have a public drawing in full view of everyone?? We need to call BS all the way around. No teams can be that lucky or unlucky by chance...
    Yeah, the closed door drawing is sketchy. We know the Sabres were bad this year with only 62 points. Last year the Avs were dead last with only 48 points and still only picked 4th.

I agree with your reasoning on all the other teams getting high picks, except for Chicago. They might get sacrificed because they still have Towes/Kane and probably aren't as needy as the others.

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    If we miss the first pick then take the best goalie available then take the next best goalie available with the next pick. We need goaltending.

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by biggbrd27 View Post
    Do you really believe for one moment that the NHL is going to allow Buffalo to have the #1 overall pick?? There is absolutely NO transparency to the entire process. Buffalo will continue to get F-d until they have a live draft with complete open totally transparent live lottery placements. Look at last year. What a amazing coincidence!!
    Eat it

Grumpy Jaded Curmudgeon biggbrd27's Avatar
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosini383 View Post
    Eat it
    While things worked out this year, there is the historical record of past draft lotteries. There is little or no transparency to the process. I am not a tin-foil hat, conspiracy theory sort of individual. I sell, design and build large complex solutions to organizations embarking on their digital transformation journeys centered around data, statistical analysis and data mining/analytics every day of my life. Data, and analysis of it, are the source of my comments. A lot of the results defied rational analysis. Accordingly, I make no apologies for any posts concerning this matter...

I, along with every Sabres fan, am ecstatic. Dahlin is a generational talent. His addition to the organization takes pressure off of Eichel to always be "The Man" and carry the entire burden of future Sabres success. For once, it appears the process played out in the Sabres favor. Enjoy the moment!!

9. Rock on:

Jiminator (04-29-18)

Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Byrds View Post
    So who do you guys want, Dahlin or Svechnikov?
    Neither, lets trade the pick and draft a racist tweeter.

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Wide Right View Post
    Neither, lets trade the pick and draft a racist tweeter.
    You do know those are song lyrics right?

12. Rock on:

Jiminator (04-29-18)