Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should the Sabres Fire HC Housley? or Let Him Stay and Scuttle the Season?

Groan
    Groans: 0

Should the Sabres Fire HC Housley? or Let Him Stay and Scuttle the Season?

I give Phil until next week to still be the Sabres head coach. In fact it might be nice to fire all coaches and have a player-coach rotation for the rest of season. Why not? Maybe Rob Ray could hang back behind the bench and give out advice lol. It could be called the Slap Shot Season. Throw some gasoline on this already burning team and it might make the Sabres bearable to watch.

Groan
    No reason to fire him in year one..

3. Rock on:

biggbrd27 (01-16-18),Mr. PooRoller (01-10-18)

Groan
    I could wait and see also. Phil might get a late season push.

Groan
    The telling quote this season was when Housley said something to the effect that he new it would take time to install his system, but he didn't anticipate having to teach players how to pass.

This is more of a talent issue than coaching issue. Okposo is finally looking healthy and has his step back, O'Reilly looks slow and these are two players receiving big $$.

I give the coach and GM another year to right the ship.

6. Rock on:

Mr. PooRoller (01-10-18)

Groan
    Goaltending is a major issue. Lehner will have some good saves but he cannot hold his own. Johnson is no better and just slightly worse. D is struggling and that is a result of the team not running with the system. Read an article where it states that players are often cheating the system and that is not good.

I imagine we will have quite a bit of roster turnover this off season. This was basically a year of the HC and GM learning what they have.
    My AAB is Kyle Williams...

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

8. Rock on:

biggbrd27 (01-11-18),Mr. PooRoller (01-10-18)

Groan
    I can't believe it's the coach, when the problem has been going on for a few years now. The Bills made the playoffs because they played as a team, the Sabres have talent but there is nothing cohesive about this team. Housley's system is the one the players said Bylsma wouldn't let them play, well here is your system....go friggin play it.

10. Rock on:

Mr. PooRoller (01-11-18),SabreBill30 (01-10-18)

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by squonk85* View Post
    I can't believe it's the coach, when the problem has been going on for a few years now. The Bills made the playoffs because they played as a team, the Sabres have talent but there is nothing cohesive about this team. Housley's system is the one the players said Bylsma wouldn't let them play, well here is your system....go friggin play it.
    3 Coaches, same story. It's time for the players to take some ownership. This will be a very different roster next year.

Guhle was very impressive last night. Had some jitters, but watching him skate and manage himself on the ice gave me a look at a true top talent.

12. Rock on:

Mr. PooRoller (01-11-18)

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreBill30 View Post
    Goaltending is a major issue. Lehner will have some good saves but he cannot hold his own. Johnson is no better and just slightly worse. D is struggling and that is a result of the team not running with the system. Read an article where it states that players are often cheating the system and that is not good.

I imagine we will have quite a bit of roster turnover this off season. This was basically a year of the HC and GM learning what they have.
    Ullmark needs some time this season and then should be the full time starter next and going forward.

14. Rock on:

SabreBill30 (01-13-18)

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by ddpderek View Post
    Ullmark needs some time this season and then should be the full time starter next and going forward.
    Looks like Ullmark gets the start tonight.

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    Looks like Ullmark gets the start tonight.
    And he was a beast.

This guy is the future full time goalie.

No doubt about it.

17. Rock on:

biggbrd27 (01-12-18),SabreBill30 (01-13-18)