Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What would you trade for the # 1 in this years draft?

Trade for more picks!

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
    Kirk Cousins market value is $27.5 million a year. That would be okay if there wasn't an NFL SALARY CAP.

Trade for more picks!

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Psubills99 View Post
    Yep. Letting the draft come to you is one of the reasons we continue to suck and the opposite reason why teams like the Rams and Eagles have their franchise qb’s...
    Great point(s). The Rams and Eagles went for it. They did what was necessary to get up top and get a high quality QB.

We pass on QBs for 4-5 years then get desperate and draft EJ (graded a 3rd rounder) Manuel.

Trade for more picks!

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beef View Post
    I don't see how Allen gets into the first round. I gave him a pass vs Iowa and Oregon. He had a terrible year.

He might go in the 2nd to someone that loves the tools, but I think he's going in the 3rd or 4th.

There's no way we land Jackson with Dennison here, and if we did it's a terrible fit.

If we don't sell the farm for Rosen I'd be happy with a move for Mayfield. Again I think he's a terrible fit with Dennison, but he's a play maker and eventually Dennison will be gone.
    Hey Beef,

I am with you. Josh Allen in the 2nd would be a stretch. 3rd, or 4th, seems to be more accurate. UNLESS he dazzles in this Bowl Game, and pre-draft workouts.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I don’t feel there’s an overall #1 QB. Some very good ones but nobody that is head and shoulders above the rest.

Don’t overpay. As important as the QB, the trenches are where the games are won. If you aren’t going to get the generational player at QB, then get the line shores up so your plan B can be successful.

Tyrod Taylor=hot garbage

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    I don’t feel there’s an overall #1 QB. Some very good ones but nobody that is head and shoulders above the rest.

Don’t overpay. As important as the QB, the trenches are where the games are won. If you aren’t going to get the generational player at QB, then get the line shores up so your plan B can be successful.
    Nope. QB first.

6. Rock on:

L2duis (12-07-17)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    Kirk Cousins market value is $27.5 million a year. That would be okay if there wasn't an NFL SALARY CAP.
    You're joking right? The salary cap is roughly 180M.

Dareus and Glenn make roughly 27M a year combined.

I'd pay 27M a year for Cousins in a heartbeat and then take the 10M or so for Tyrod and fill the gaps on DL and OL.

Dareus and Glenn could be the best LT and DT in the league and there's no way a team with a top 12ish QB would make that trade.

I don't understand how as a Bills fan anybody could watch this much bad football for this long, and say a QB costs too much.

You WILL HAVE TO PAY sooner or later.

If you land a franchise guy in the draft great, you get 4/5 years of cheap service and then you have to roll out the Brinks truck.

In Cousins case you pay him now and fill in the rest of the roster.

Were actually in a spot to do that. Land Cousins, fill holes with the 5 early picks and hope you get lucky and land some guys late and in FA.

Cousins with McCoy, KB, Clay and Zay would make for a modern NFL offense.

Even if its for one year, the 2nd year you can get 17-25M+ of cap room with Shady, Clay and KB off the books and continue to retool around Cousins.

Trade for more picks!

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beef View Post
    You're joking right? The salary cap is roughly 180M.

Dareus and Glenn make roughly 27M a year combined.

I'd pay 27M a year for Cousins in a heartbeat and then take the 10M or so for Tyrod and fill the gaps on DL and OL.

Dareus and Glenn could be the best LT and DT in the league and there's no way a team with a top 12ish QB would make that trade.

I don't understand how as a Bills fan anybody could watch this much bad football for this long, and say a QB costs too much.

You WILL HAVE TO PAY sooner or later.

If you land a franchise guy in the draft great, you get 4/5 years of cheap service and then you have to roll out the Brinks truck.

In Cousins case you pay him now and fill in the rest of the roster.

Were actually in a spot to do that. Land Cousins, fill holes with the 5 early picks and hope you get lucky and land some guys late and in FA.

Cousins with McCoy, KB, Clay and Zay would make for a modern NFL offense.

Even if its for one year, the 2nd year you can get 17-25M+ of cap room with Shady, Clay and KB off the books and continue to retool around Cousins.
    I have seen Cousins play 5 times this year... he is not all that.

Solid QB? Yes.

An elite franchise QB? No.

....get some copies of Redskins games. Watch complete games and decide.

I would prefer this year's Dak Prescott or this year's Derek Carr or this year's Carson Wentz.

I think they can win more games than Cousins.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I'm sick and tired of hearing that excuse every draft that no QB is ever "good enough"...

How many more fucking years do you wanna keep waiting?

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Depends on how in love I am with Josh Rosen. That is why I would move up.

And, it does depend from where I am moving. If I am moving from 12th versus say 22nd, big difference.

Our two 1st round picks this year, plus one of our 2nds this year.
    I think that they lost one of their 2nd round picks with the KB trade but hell yes I’d do whatever it takes to get a franchise quarterback. I’m sick and tired of 7-9,8-8 and no fkn playoffs! They have enough draft picks as capital to pretty much move anywhere they want. Get your guy and build around him.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I have seen Cousins play 5 times this year... he is not all that.

Solid QB? Yes.

An elite franchise QB? No.

....get some copies of Redskins games. Watch complete games and decide.

I would prefer this year's Dak Prescott or this year's Derek Carr or this year's Carson Wentz.

I think they can win more games than Cousins.
    Wentz yes.

Carr and Cousins are close, I'd give a slight edge to Carr however ... I've watched plenty of Cousins games this year, that team has NOTHING on offense with the loss of Jackson, Garcon, Thompson's injury, and an OLine that has been ravaged. I don't see any way Dak would be able to get more than 4 wins with Washington's roster.

He's still out there making plays week in and week out and taking a beating.

Cousins isn't Brady or Rogers, but he's definitely good enough to take an average team to the playoffs, and to make a team with talent into contention.

If you swapped Cousins with Matt Ryan would Atlanta be any worse? Would Washington be any better?

I'd love if we land Rosen, D'Arnold or Mayfield.

However, I don't think McBeane will pull the trigger. Too much talk of the process.

They'll try and plug the gap with Bradford, Alex Smith or Dalton and we're going to be stuck unless by some miracle we hit on a bunch of young defensive players that turn the defense around.