Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eichel is a bust

Groan
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SabresAllTheWay View Post
    This team is a bust. Put Eichel on a good team the kid would be a superstar.
    McDavid's team sucks too.

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnar_zero View Post
    Hes producing at the same rate as other guys in his range. McDavid is paid more and is a better player, I agree.

But Saying Mario Lemiuex is better than Jaromir Jagr doesnt make Jagr a bust.
    Just Buffalo's luck I guess.

Groan
    You can see the lack of confidence in Eichels game. He knows he's not playing well. In result, you see a lack of shooting and terrible passing.

Loyal fan since 1960 PA BILLS FAN's Avatar
    Groan
    Who is Jack Eichel? Does Buffalo have a hockey team????
    "When I die I want to go peacefully, like my grandfather; not kicking and screaming like the other people in his car!"

Groan
    Bust.

Groan
    OíReilly and Okposo are the busts.

Groan
    The problem is that Jack is not a franchise player. Soon as he and the Sabres realize this the team will be better off.

Groan
    Sad, but they did everything right except win the lottery. Not sure what else you can do except start over.

I do like the point that Jack is not a super-superstar, you need someone else to fill that role. He is more like a Malkin, not a Crosby.

Groan
    Eichel is an up and coming superstar, but he can't do it alone. He also will have great games and then have not so great games. McDavid is the same way. He is great and then where did he go.
    Sabres are still rebuilding. They are a young team with a new system and a new GM and a new coach. It may take a year, it may take two. They will eventually be good. Winning the lottery and drafting a top tier defensemen would help. Getting a real starting goalie would be a difference maker!

10. Rock on:

biggbrd27 (12-07-17)

Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan186 View Post
    Eichel is an up and coming superstar, but he can't do it alone. He also will have great games and then have not so great games. McDavid is the same way. He is great and then where did he go.
    Sabres are still rebuilding. They are a young team with a new system and a new GM and a new coach. It may take a year, it may take two. They will eventually be good. Winning the lottery and drafting a top tier defensemen would help. Getting a real starting goalie would be a difference maker!
    Speed kills and lack of speeds kills a team in the NHL. Looking at the players in the system, Iím confident that the Sabres are developing the right type of talent. Guhle, Pu, Nylander, Bailey, Mittelstadt, et al are the right fit for the current NHL.

Itís time to make some big moves and give these young guys some experience with the big club