Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Eichel is a bust

  1. #31
    so fresh LiterateStylish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 3, 2003
    Posts
    27,155
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    This is literally embarrassing.

    I told everyone the day we lost out on the 1st pick we were fucked.

    When looking at these stats, keep in mind that McDavid has played LESS games than Eichel and STILL kicks his ass.

    Eichel: 96a, 166p and -43
    McDavid: 145a, 217p, +39

  2. #32
    Range Member foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 24, 2004
    Posts
    5,262
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterateStylish View Post
    This is literally embarrassing.

    I told everyone the day we lost out on the 1st pick we were fucked.

    When looking at these stats, keep in mind that McDavid has played LESS games than Eichel and STILL kicks his ass.

    Eichel: 96a, 166p and -43
    McDavid: 145a, 217p, +39
    ...And McDavid's team is a whopping 7 pts better than the Sabres.

    Both Eichel and McDavid are elite talents. It doesn't look like either of them are good enough to carry an entire team on their backs. At least with McDavid, he's surrounded by other first rounders.

  3. #33
    so fresh LiterateStylish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 3, 2003
    Posts
    27,155
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    ...And McDavid's team is a whopping 7 pts better than the Sabres.
    That makes the discrepancy even more glaring.

    It is not as if McDavid is playing on a good team, bolstered by other great players.

    No, he is on a team nearly as bad as the Sabres and still putting up WAYYYY better stats than Eichel.

    Both Eichel and McDavid are elite talents.
    Eichel is Elite?

    Why?

    Because he was supposed to be?

    Because he has a good game every blue moon?

    In what way is Eichel Elite? Because I sure havenít seen it.

  4. #34
    VIP Member SabreBill30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 5, 2007
    Posts
    11,147
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    We didn't win the draft so we got the second best player available. What's your point?
    My AAB is Kyle Williams...



    U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

  5. Rock on:

    Mr. PooRoller (02-22-18),sportsgal88 (02-22-18)

  6. #35
    Range Member Mr. PooRoller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 28, 2017
    Posts
    179
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreBill30 View Post
    We didn't win the draft so we got the second best player available. What's your point?
    Exactly. Will probably happen again to the Sabres again in the 2018 draft, whether the Sabres finish last place or not.

    Eichel is not a bust by far. He is trying to carry the weight of a very, very bad team.

  7. Rock on:

    biggbrd27 (02-26-18)

  8. #36
    Range Member foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 24, 2004
    Posts
    5,262
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. PooRoller View Post
    Exactly. Will probably happen again to the Sabres again in the 2018 draft, whether the Sabres finish last place or not.

    Eichel is not a bust by far. He is trying to carry the weight of a very, very bad team.
    With the Talent surrounding (Draisaitl, Hopkins, Strome) McDavid, I sure hope that he would be that successful. Eichel was the 2nd best player in the draft and to me he's lived up to the expectations of being drafted in that position.

  9. Rock on:

    Mr. PooRoller (02-22-18),SabreBill30 (02-22-18)

  10. #37
    Bo knows best Bosini383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 11, 2017
    Posts
    744
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Eichel 5 🍎ís tonight.

  11. Rock on:

    biggbrd27 (04-01-18)

  12. #38
    Range Member biggbrd27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 24, 2002
    Posts
    4,053
    Groan
    0
    Groans: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosini383 View Post
    Eichel 5 ís tonight.
    What a bust... Samson too...

    "You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible."
    - Deepak Chopra

    "There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    - Denis Waitley: Motivational speaker and writer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •