Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Manziel has talked with teams about returning to NFL

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Johnny Manziel has talked with teams about returning to NFL

Johnny Manziel isn't giving up hope that he'll get a second chance to play for the NFL.

During this weekend's National Fantasy Football Convention in Dallas he told Jon Machota from the Dallas Morning News that he's already had a couple of conversations with NFL teams about returning to the league.

"I know the situation that I put myself in. I know the year I took off and obviously the mistakes that I made," Manziel said. "Right now, I'm hopeful. I'm really hopeful. I think that I made some progress in that regard. But we'll see. Whenever I get a call, I'll do whatever I can to make the most of it."

Manziel was a first-round draft pick by the Browns in 2014 but was released last March after dealing with substance abuse and legal issues. Now it appears he might be making an effort to turn his life around.

Back in March NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo reported that he re-hired agent Erik Burkhardt to help him craft a comeback. Rapoport also reported that he was spotted having breakfast with Saints head coach Sean Payton during the Super Bowl.

Manziel started just eight games at quarterback for the Browns, throwing seven touchdowns and seven picks. The last time he touched the field was December in 2015. The former Texas A&M star just wants to get back to playing the game that he loves and misses a ton.

"I think the thing I realized over the past year and the thing I realized from being away from it is really how much you miss it. That's all I've known for so long. It's what I love to do," he stated. "It's hard. It's hard sitting here going through OTA time and going through summer time and then getting ready to go through fall camp and not being part of it. But at the same time, I'm really optimistic and hopeful that I'll get another chance. That's really what I'm holding out for every day."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ut-returningJo

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    I'd bring him into camp for league minimum and no guarantees.
    My AAB is Kyle Williams...

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    No thanks.

An Elite Member

Status
    Groan
    Manziel = Ryan Leaf 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by seandelevan View Post
    Fuck this team

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Yeah he needs drug money duh.

I Hope I Offended You....

Status
    Groan
    Thank God Whaley is gone or he'd have signed him already

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    If he signs with a team, there is a chance he could be suspended for the drug/alcohol violation.

welcome to pwngville

Status

Groan
    chances are slim he wouldnt relapse
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Resident Pessimist

Status
    Groan
    My favorite Johnny Manziel moment...when we played the Browns his rookie year and destroy them. He comes in for mop up duty and scores a TD and the internet and cable tv exploded like he fucking won the god damn Super Bowl. Highlight shows made you thought the Browns won that game. Fuck him. Fuck them. And fuck the NFL and their tit sucking minions.
    Originally Posted by seandelevan *
    A bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing! HAHAHAHAHA

I nominate this for post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, it encapsulates everything of importance into one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept.-StraightJ 10/7/12

-
    Originally Posted by bad radio
    If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

An Elite Member

Status
    Groan
    He comes in for mop up duty and scores a TD and the internet and cable tv exploded like he fucking won the god damn Super Bowl. Highlight shows made you thought the Browns won that game.
    He was "Johnny Football", the second coming of Jesus Christ in the football world. I was relieved what that hogwash died down.
    Fuck this team

11. Rock on:

seandelevan (07-17-17)