Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lebron James GOAT

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Lebron James GOAT

The haters this guy has is unbelievable.

He is greatness.

It's disgusting what he is able to do.

2. Rock on:

Victor7 (05-21-17)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    it's crazy. basketball is the one sport where one guy, even more than QB just tips the scales so much. and Lebron is as talented as anyone to have ever played. he's probably going to to 10 staright NBA Finals in the modern era, it's phenomenal.

maybe if Jordan didn't retire early twice (and I'm a Bulls' fan) he would've pulled off 10 in a row.

but he didn't and Lebron is going to.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I'm a UNC fan and there is no doubt in my mind that LeBron is the best to ever play. Bob Ryan said it best the other day...he's got Karl Malone's body and the best parts of Magic, Bird, and Jordan's games. It's just unfair how good this guy is. I said it years ago...he's God's gift to basketball. Nobody is faster, more athletic, stronger, and now he can shoot really well. He's the total package...

so fresh

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beef View Post
    it's crazy. basketball is the one sport where one guy, even more than QB just tips the scales so much. and Lebron is as talented as anyone to have ever played. he's probably going to to 10 staright NBA Finals in the modern era, it's phenomenal.

maybe if Jordan didn't retire early twice (and I'm a Bulls' fan) he would've pulled off 10 in a row.

but he didn't and Lebron is going to.
    I love Jordan (who doesn't), but man... Even Mike didn't thouroughly dominate every aspect of the game like Lebron is doing right now.

This is next level type of stuff.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    MJ, never controlled the game outside of scoring the way Lebron did. He was more like Westrbook (and he has said Westbrook is the player that reminds him most of himself) in his first 4 or 5 years. Yeah he avearge 35 a game, and what is 3rd or 4th year was something like 30-8-8.

Lebron is just another level. Bigger, stronger, faster. However he has unmatched court vision, it's incredible to watch (and frustrating as all hell) as a fan of a rival team.

It's weird though... I always enjoyed seeing his teams lose in the playoffs but felt the blame he takes was soooooo dumb.

What he's accomplished is amazing. He basically guarantees you a shot at a championship in the finals every year. Brady and the Patriots are close, but even in football 1 off game knocks you off.

I still think a team will match the Bills 4 stright Super Bowls, but it's going to take something crazy. The Pats have been the most prolific dynasty in league history. They've never been more than twice in a row. They could've went to 8, 9, 10 in a row.

And that's where Lebron is under appreciated. He just goes out, and performs and always ends up playing for a title and because he is the most physically gifted player probably ever, it's held againsy him. The size, physicality, awareness, skill it's just crazy.

Kobe was 90% of MJ it'll be hard to come across another player that is 75% of Lebron, in terms of physical gifts, size and skill.

7. Rock on:

Victor7 (05-21-17)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    as a long time NBA fan, i can say confidently that he is the greatest basketball player in history.

Jordan was dominant. But his game was not this diverse.

LeBron is a freak the likes of which we have never seen.
    "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

I Hope I Offended You....

Status
    Groan
    What's really crazy is that he's been this way since high school

welcome to pwngville

Status

Groan
    Doesn't this belong in the basketball forum
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

11. Rock on:

bcw (05-20-17),HipKat (05-20-17)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Jordan was better and it is not close. Once Jordan got going he won the championship every year except for the 2.5 year break. He was money when it mattered way more than Lebrun has been. That could change if Kenton wins a few more championships.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
    Jordan was better and it is not close. Once Jordan got going he won the championship every year except for the 2.5 year break. He was money when it mattered way more than Lebrun has been. That could change if Kenton wins a few more championships.
    Not even close?! Take off your blinders and appreciate LeBron's greatness. No player in history has been more physically gifted and he single handedly took two different Cavs teams to the Finals. We are witnessing something we have never seen before. Jordan included...

14. Rock on:

Angry Byrds (05-20-17)