Thread: Former Bills returning to Buffalo as Charger coaches

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

Former Bills returning to Buffalo as Charger coaches

I kinda wish these two guys were Buffalo Bills assistant coaches. These are two of my favorite Bills.

Reich returns to RWS as Chargers OC
    Posted by Chris Brown on September 18, 2014 – 11:30 am

This Sunday the Chargers will be bringing a couple of former Bills players with them on their coaching staff. Pete Metzelaars is San Diego’s tight ends coach and Frank Reich is their offensive coordinator. It’s Reich’s first year in that role after serving as quarterbacks coach last year under new Chargers head coach Mike McCoy. McCoy explained why he promoted Reich after former OC Ken Whisenhunt left for the Tennessee head coaching post.

“I’ve known Frank for a little while now and understanding the system that we were putting in place last year here, when we all came together,” said McCoy. “Having worked in Indianapolis with Peyton [Manning] who I had in Denver, obviously, and then the relationship with Ken Whisenhunt that he had developed a few years back… so it’s an easy transition to bring him in and say ‘Frank I want you to be the quarterback coach.’ And I always targeted him as a possible coordinator if Ken ever left and it happened obviously after the first year and Frank has done an outstanding job at this point in time.”

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    I always liked Frank. He'll always be special to all Bills fans for "the comeback"
    I am adopting Ronald Darby as my adopt-a-Bill.

3. Rock on:

Victor7 (09-18-14)

VIP Member

Status
    Groan
    Amen...Frank Reich is golden in my book. Metzelaars was a very effecient TE. Wouldn't mind having him now...

Status

Groan
    Buffalo will always love Frank Reich. Gave us one of the most memorable moments in team history.

With that said lets hope he has a bad Sunday. After that all the best in the world for him.
    Bills fan for life!! ................
    I love beer, rum, scotch and women !!