Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who hated Lindy Ruff

Groan
    Groans: 0
    League worst with 1 point - with more games played than any other team. Despite decent defense and goaltending.

Let's be honest, there is not a ton of offensive instinct or skill in this forward group. We've got lunch pail types all through the lineup. Hard workers and helpful defensively, but not a real threat on the scoresheet. That's going to be tough for any coach.

Range Member
    Groan
    We had lunch pail guys when we had Mike Peca, Curtis Brown, Dixon Ward and Stu Barnes. What we have here is a bunch of useless forwards.

Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by mikgaes View Post
    We had lunch pail guys when we had Mike Peca, Curtis Brown, Dixon Ward and Stu Barnes. What we have here is a bunch of useless forwards.
    Ward and Brown, sure.. But Peca was a Selke winner that hit 60 points and over 50 points in his career. Barnes was a 4th overall pick that also hit 60 points and hovered around 40+ points during his prime years.

I agree with your assessment, but Peca and Barnes in their prime would improve this top 6 dramatically. Dixon Ward and Curtis Brown not so much. Basically, I don't think you can lump Peca and Barnes into the lunch pail category. But I agree with your point.

Range Member
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LH View Post
    League worst with 1 point - with more games played than any other team. Despite decent defense and goaltending.

Let's be honest, there is not a ton of offensive instinct or skill in this forward group. We've got lunch pail types all through the lineup. Hard workers and helpful defensively, but not a real threat on the scoresheet. That's going to be tough for any coach.
    Vanek, Stafford, Hodgson, and Ennis are lunch pail types? 4 of our top 6 is the same as last year. 5 if you count Foligno.

The rebuild hasnt even started yet.

Range Member
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Ward and Brown, sure.. But Peca was a Selke winner that hit 60 points and over 50 points in his career. Barnes was a 4th overall pick that also hit 60 points and hovered around 40+ points during his prime years.

I agree with your assessment, but Peca and Barnes in their prime would improve this top 6 dramatically. Dixon Ward and Curtis Brown not so much. Basically, I don't think you can lump Peca and Barnes into the lunch pail category. But I agree with your point.
    That was a team. This is just a bunch of players.

Range Member
    Groan
    Story of Regier. A bunch of players. 2005 team he hit the lottery and made wrong decisions in the following years, we can go back if you want but its been talked about many times. Dismantle began well before Drury and briere. Drury and Griere, Dumont and Briere was such a great match and Regier ruined it.

Normally Regier's rosters just dont fit well together.

Groan
    Scratch my head about need to rebuild and you choose to do it with the builder you have used for the past sixteen year. I still think big mistake was not cleaning house when TP took over, but water under the dam now. Ruff may have had his problems but Regier was a bigger one.

Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere
    Groan
    A team that was put together by John Muckler on top of it.

Range Member
    Groan
    Again, it certainly appears that Ruff was only a fraction of the problem here. Anyone not putting the bullseye squarely on the owner would be missing the target.

Dejan Kovacevic Verified account@Dejan_Kovacevic 8 Nov
    Watching debacle in Anaheim. Ryan Miller needs to get out of Buffalo. Doesn't matter where. Doesn't deserve this. Sabres don't deserve him.
    You can rebuild without puking on the ice night after night.

Groan
    You can rebuild without puking on the ice night after night.
    Exactly, this truly is un-watchable hockey...What is Rolston's "system"? Let the other team shoot until they're exhausted? I'm hoping they're not just sitting back thinking there is no sense in salvaging the season so why change, I'd just really like to tune in and be half way engaged in what I'm watching.
    If you don't live it, it won't come out your horn -Charlie Parker

:sabres: