Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All in on Hock

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Groans: 0

All in on Hock

I’m not sure if Hockenson will be there at 9, but I can tell you that he would be an instant favorite target for Josh Allen and a guy that could help take this offense to the next level. He is an excellent receiver and can block with the best of them. He is essentially an additional offensive lineman on most plays and one that can get loose in the seam on passing plays.

In today’s NFL, you have to have a qb and a legit TE. Hock would help provide that level of skill in the Heath Miller/Greg Olsen mold.

I know everyone talks about defense, but this kid is legit.

2. Rock on:

Mainejays (04-21-19),seandelevan (04-21-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by whorlnut View Post
    I’m not sure if Hockenson will be there at 9, but I can tell you that he would be an instant favorite target for Josh Allen and a guy that could help take this offense to the next level. He is an excellent receiver and can block with the best of them. He is essentially an additional offensive lineman on most plays and one that can get loose in the seam on passing plays.

In today’s NFL, you have to have a qb and a legit TE. Hock would help provide that level of skill in the Heath Miller/Greg Olsen mold.

I know everyone talks about defense, but this kid is legit.
    Ill go on record if he is there at #9 Bills should run up .I agree guys going to be a stud ...Go far to say will be better than Olsen .I think day one comparable is ex hawkeye ..Kittle(49'ers...this is how you build a QB) and ceiling is Kelce/Ertz.Only player to knock him off would be if Q .Williams(never happen? ) there otherwise write the card in triplicate ~Just write Hock !

Common Sense King

Status
    Groan
    I want Captain EO or Hockenson at 9. There's a chance both are gone by 9 though and if so I'll be pissed on top of piss drunk

5. Rock on:

StraightJ (04-22-19)

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Bring’em on

I just really don’t want an O-lineman in the 1st. It always seems to take a year or 2 or they end up like Mike Williams or Robert Gallery both who I thought would be studs. Gallery had a 9.0 rating, a can’t miss

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    groaned 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm not so sure I'd rather have Fant. Hock will be good, but we can develop blocking te's let's get a bonified playmaker in Fant instead.

Common Sense King

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Down and Out View Post
    I'm not so sure I'd rather have Fant. Hock will be good, but we can develop blocking te's let's get a bonified playmaker in Fant instead.
    Hockenson had more receptions for a higher average this season. For lack of better comparison, Hockenson is Gronk and Fant is Aaron Hernandez

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Coffin View Post
    Hockenson had more receptions for a higher average this season. For lack of better comparison, Hockenson is Gronk and Fant is Aaron Hernandez
    I tend to think it will be more like Hock will be a Kelce and Fant a Jace Amaro.. go ahead, look him up and you get the point.

Common Sense King

Status
    Groan
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2007 View Post
    I tend to think it will be more like Hock will be a Kelce and Fant a Jace Amaro.. go ahead, look him up and you get the point.
    Fant's success in the NFL will be directly tied to his QB and situation. I can see him having great success with a team like GB

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    Fant's success in the NFL will be directly tied to his QB and situation. I can see him having great success with a team like GB
    Fant’a ceiling is Jimmy Graham. He’s very similar from a skill set perspective.

I could see Hock being a Heath Miller type. Sign me up for that.

Range Member

Status
    Groan
    I agree, but if he can’t block, how much does he actually get on the field?