BuffaloRange.com (TOS) Terms of service
BuffaloRange.com (TOS) Terms of service. Ignorance of our TOS will not protect you if you break one of our rules. It is everyone's responsibility to read, know and follow these rules while on the forums.
The purpose of the TOS (Terms of service) is to keep all our forums as fan friendly as possible. We expect and encourage passionate discussion and different views on all our favorite teams and players, but also expect all discussions to be civil and friendly. The staff reserves the right to modify the Terms of Service, as it becomes necessary, in order to maintain civility on the message board.
The BuffaloRange TOS has been the foundation for not only this forum but other sites on the internet. We based our TOS on some very simple rules over 10+ years ago and it has grown and been modified to reflect the changing times on the internet.
Please remember our motto: "Attack the post, not the poster" this has been a "Buffalo Range original saying" since day one and has worked well. So, it's ok to disagree with someones post, and it's ok to attack the POST, just don't attack the member who posted it.
Our "Members only" non TOS forum has different rules, to become a member simply donate to our server, Buffalo Web Hosting. A link can be found in your user control panel aka User CP under Misc. - paid subscriptions as well as the signatures of most of our Moderators and Admins.
The TOS also applies to the Shout box, Chat rooms as well as our game room message boards/posting areas.
1) No personal attacks or communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member. No name calling. If you have a beef with a member, take it to a private e-mail.
2) No swearing (kids are present, F-Bombs will not be tolerated); masked profanity may also be grounds for banning or a vacation.
3) No posting of pornographic material or links to pornographic material in the TOS-governed forums. Such material is only appropriate in the non-TOS forum and the Mens Room.
4) No racist comments. No sexist comments. No derogatory comments referring to the sexual preference of other posters.
5) Please refrain from the posting of entire articles/copyrighted material. Posts containing news stories/article segments should also include author’s name, name of the publication or source, and the URL where the story was found.
6) No spam (unsolicited e-mail sent indiscriminately, or junk posts). No repeat threads or multiple posts of the same material.
7) No advertisements on the forums, including private messages (unless approved by the administration: Contact Billsman email: BillsInsider@gmail.com).
8) Images used in signatures must be less than or equal to 25K (25000 bytes). If you use multiple images in your signature, the total size of these images must be less than or equal to 25K.
9) One account per user. Users who register multiple accounts for the purpose of spamming the boards, posting personal attacks against other members, or otherwise disrupting the normal operation of The Buffalo Range will be banned without warning.
10) Admins and Moderators reserve the right to remove any messages that they deem a violation of the terms of service, and to lock and/or delete threads as they see fit with out warning.
11) Members that break the TOS can be banned without warning.
12) The TOS applies to images used in signatures as well as avatars.
13) Keep Private Messages aka PM's Private, do not post them on the public forums without the other persons consent or you may be banned or sent on vacation.
14) If you are given a "vacation" by one of our moderators or staff and you attempt to create a new account just to try and get back on, your vacation will be extended to 12 months. This is a cooling off period for you, relax, take a break and you'll be invited back more than likely sooner than expected.
15) Personal physical threats of violence from one poster to another is not permitted anywhere on the Buffalo Range, including threats made by private messages or in TOS relaxed or free forums.
If a poster feels that a given post is a Violation of the TOS, he or she may report to the staff by clicking the “Report bad post” icon at the bottom left hand corner of the violating post. All such reports will be looked into as soon as is possible.
The staff will usually attempt to contact a member/poster when a violation of the TOS occurs. Those members/posters who fail to respond to warnings and/or Private Messages, or otherwise refuse to allow moderators to make contact with them, are subject to staff taking any action they deem necessary, up to, and including, immediate banning. The staff strives to make The Range a place that all can enjoy and we will do everything to ensure that the actions of a few do not ruin the enjoyment of the majority.
The PR&S forum is set up slightly different than our other forums, user beware. We take a more relaxed approach on things and you are judged by your peers there. We like to think of that forum as one for grown ups 18 and older, don't make us close it down or have a full time moderating crew in there.
These rules are subject to change at any time and a link can be found in most of the staff's signature or in the feedback and help forum. Staff members are found with the bolded name and they all have the power and permission to ban, delete messages, edit messages or send a user on vacation without warning.
Last edited by admarc; 02-07-12 at 01:21 PM.
Revisions coming soon!
Originally Posted by Billsman