I know this has been discussed here before, buts its been a while since I saw a recent thread so I wanted to see if there any new thoughts or ideas. Now, if you are a big fan of the NBA this doesn't apply to you, but from talk among my friends, relatives, co-workers, and even local media (talk radio, etc), it seems there are a lot of people who were much bigger fans of the NBA in the past (not only the Jordan era 90's but also the 80's and even late 70's) than there are now.
So my question is, why are you not as big of a fan of the NBA now as you were at some time in the past, and do you think that can or is happening to you with other sports?
Here are some thoughts I had myself and others I have heard:
1. No Buffalo team. When there Braves were here I was a fan, but I don't follow sports as much with no Buffalo team.
2. Not enough time in my life. With a job, kids, and other responsibilities, I only have a couple hours of free time. The NFL and NHL come before the NBA.
3. I don't like the stars today. In the NBA it is a league more about individuals than in any other major team sport, and I can't relate to any of the stars.
4. When the league became a 'hip-hop' league, and the NBA actually promoted that, they lost me.
5. I don't like the style of play, I now prefer the college game better.
6. The Media (ESPN) ruined it for me. I want to watch a game and keep updated on it, I don't want the "slams of the day" and the fist pumping celebrations shoved down my throat. We have that in all the sports, but it is the worst in the NBA.
That is what I can remember off the top of my head. Anyone agree with any of the above or have anything new to add?